OEBT Params?

Looking to keep oebt or royal blues in a little bit. Struggled with them before. What parameters have people had success with, ph/kh/gh wise? Is it possible to keep them in 0 kh, caridina conditions and have them breed?

No experience in this yet but I've read on other forums that people have acclimated OEBT and Royal Blues for up to three hours with tank water from caridina tanks and after that they seemed to do fine...drip acclimation i mean and that's what I plan on doing later on. Hope others who have experience in this help out too!!! ^^

I was keeping them on inert but was using baking soda to boost kh and whole process was a mess for me.

I'd really like to keep them on amazonia with kh 0 but not sure if it will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i use crushed coral to lower my PH. I cut a length of panty hose, fill it with CC, tie both ends, and put it in the filter.

You mean to raise the PH? :)

alot of people keep the fancy tiger types [oebt. red. royal blue. and black] in crs parameters. i never had luck with those parameters. i always had way better breeding and baby survival in bit higher parameters. when i had oebt they were in water with the following params

ph: 7.2

gh: 7 

kh: 2

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on where the shrimps are from. In Asia, most breeders use the same water for bee shrimps, in Europe, at the breeder I contacted, use river sand and PH 6.0-6.8, TDS 300-350. You need to know the source and try to match.

I'm planning to import some from Germany, so I am doing a few tanks with ADA but much higher TDS/GH than for my regular OEBTs and bee shrimps.

My experience with the Asian ones is they breed very well in PH6.4-6.6, TDS 200-220, GH 7-8.

Planning on getting either Royal Blue or OEBT from Speedie408 or Tanman19az in a bit but what wondering how long I should acclimate them to my TB tank in order for them to get use to the TB parameters?

• 2 weeks later...

My Royal Blues are coming tomorrow! I heard tigers are hardy.

I got their tank all ready. Never kept anything other than CRS yet, wish me luck.

tigers are hardy, fancy tigers ( red, oebt, black tiger orange eye, royal) not so much they are way more sensitive than crs

when i had tigers i had them in lower ph and yes they would stay berried but never did i get babies. once i moved them to higher parameters i got lots of babies. main thing with fancy tigers is temp keep them cool

• 4 months later...