Post Your Shrimp Pics

mayphly

Looking at your PFR it looks like it may have vorticella. You can see it right around the eyes.

Oh dear, that would explain a lot. I've lost a few of them recently and I had no idea why. What can I do to avoid/combat this?

Here you can see the small protozoans attached to one of my shrimps heads right between the eyes. They can form colonies and kill off your shrimp. I was able to get rid of my problem using fenbendazole. I hear the "salt dip" method works well too. It took awhile until they were all gone.

post-89-0-63095400-1409094685_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments, guys!

Mayphly, thank you for the advice. I'll have a much closer look at my remaining PFRs as I wouldn't want to medicate if it wasn't completely necessary. Thank you again!

These aren't from Han. However, this moss dwarfs the regular willow moss. This is  a giant form of willow.

Low grade CRS in my 25 gallon chained tanks

a8a5y2az.jpgseha8ega.jpgusady3as.jpg

Army of baby CRS in my 3 gallon nano

e4uva2e2.jpgymygyvu3.jpg

Ruby reds and a CRS carrying mischling babies in a 3-way standoff. This ones in a 5 gal flucal chi

avu6ura7.jpgema8yneq.jpg

Berried Amano and a blue diamond juvie in my ada 90-p 44 gal.

paja7e5e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I like this thread because it offers more than just a chance for people to post their pictures. It helps to teach others how to take good pictures and offers advice on such things.

A purely dedicated section for pictures would miss this element.

Hey mayphly, what are the red shrimp from your Aug 25 post? PFRs or something else?

Those red shrimp came from my blue diamonds. If I'm not mistaken I think that's where the bloody Mary's also came from.

Instead of this post, I was thinking maybe a section of the forum dedicated to pictures would be better. What does everyone think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well... That's what this thread was supposed to be about originally hence the title. Although I just noticed I put it under "Care,feeding and breeding". Duh!! However, most pic threads always turn out to be more than just pics. I always find pic threads inspiring and usually end up asking questions or commenting on them. I don't think most people mind if you post on their pic thread. By all means you should start one if you want to.  "The World is Yours" :)

Well... That's what this thread was supposed to be about originally hence the title. Although I just noticed I put it under "Care,feeding and breeding". Duh!! However, most pic threads always turn out to be more than just pics. I always find pic threads inspiring and usually end up asking questions or commenting on them. I don't think most people mind if you post on their pic thread. By all means you should start one if you want to. "The World is Yours" :)

Ohh yea, of course. I meant this thread is getting a little long. I enjoyed all these pictures here but how about a subforum where people can start their own threads and of course others can comment and post their related (or not) pictures and what not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk