Post Your Shrimp Pics

mayphly

12 hours ago, DETAquarium said:

Hey ShrimpSpot!

So it has been a while since I took a few minutes to take some macro photos. This is the first time I have attempted to take some decent shots after purchasing my new flash. Tell me your honest opinions, thank you for all your support and help along the way. Especially a huge shout out to Kurobom.

Thanks for the shout out DETAquarium! I'm glad you took the plunge and are going full DSLR, macro lens, and flash!

The shots look great! The eyes are sharp and the images are well exposed! I struggle to get the eyes and body in focus at the same time too. I use a very narrow aperture (like F32, F40) to get a greater depth of field in focus (but have noticed that diffraction starts to soften the shots at extremely narrow apertures too...). Using a higher shutter speed will help reduce image blur in case the shrimp is moving. Using a tripod on a stationary shrimp will work too. I think brocknorman also makes a good point about the location of the logo, based on how the image was composed! We wanna see every bit of the gorgeous shrimp you have :) 

Keep em' coming! My new camera is coming in the mail soon, so hopefully I'll be contributing photos in the coming weeks...

I completely agree with you both, but my traditional logo is always placed at the bottom middle, so I will need to do something with placement or a simpler less defined logo. I am assuming both of these shots you are referencing:

Taitibee-01.jpg

Taitibee-02.jpg

That definitely shows off the shrimp better, DETAquarium!

If you want to keep the logo where it normally is, then you would want to take and crop the shot so that it has room for the logo. I think I moved my logo to the bottom middle because I liked the way it looked in your other shots, haha...

Couple more pictures I took this evening quickly. Going to start working on depth of field now.

Blue Bolt-02.jpgRed Bolt-01.jpgWine Red-01.jpg

11 hours ago, DETAquarium said:

I completely agree with you both, but my traditional logo is always placed at the bottom middle, so I will need to do something with placement or a simpler less defined logo. I am assuming both of these shots you are referencing:

Taitibee-01.jpg

Taitibee-02.jpg

Remove the white square and keep the red, but maybe brighter? Keep it bottom middle or a third in from right on the bottom? 

19 minutes ago, brocknorman said:

Is that a berried female is see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Brock, the Wine Red is berried.

"Hino-rili." Has anyone tried to stabilize this pheno? Or maybe even a reverse rili, with a single pigment stripe around the middle?

13feb55ebdb53cb496a5caae225de99c.jpg

9e5c596370afda3feb6ba590bdcc092c.jpg

Got my new D800E and learning how to maximize its use with a tripod and macro head for it. Here are two quick samples and edits of my pinto mischling and BB. Hope to take more this weekend and share my thoughts on the combo. Files are shrunk to 25% of original...

DSC_2282-2.JPG

DSC_2291-2.JPG

12 minutes ago, Kurobom said:

Got my new D800E and learning how to maximize its use with a tripod and macro head for it. Here are two quick samples and edits of my pinto mischling and BB. Hope to take more this weekend and share my thoughts on the combo. Files are shrunk to 25% of original...

DSC_2282-2.JPG

DSC_2291-2.JPG

I'm kind of taken by their eyes and leg joints. Unreal photos

3 hours ago, Kurobom said:

Just thought I'd share this photog article by Peder Lundgren. Might be some new cool tricks in there.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=148476958852292&id=146910045675650

Here are my 10 favourite shots from today with my D800E with a macro head on a tripod! All in all, I'm pretty happy with results! Getting the shrimp to stay long enough on one spot was not easy, but I lured them to my marimo balls and alder cones by flipping them over and exposing uneaten biofilm. Sometimes I had to use a bamboo skewer to move unwanted subjects out of the way... nothing like poking away a black panda from photobombing my shots! lol

DSC_2381-2.JPG

DSC_2384-2.JPG

DSC_2389-2.JPG

DSC_2392-2.JPG

DSC_2397-2.JPG

DSC_2420-2.JPG

DSC_2422-2.JPG

DSC_2427-2.JPG

DSC_2434-2.JPG

DSC_2439-2.JPG

1 hour ago, Kurobom said:

Here are my 10 favourite shots from today with my D800E with a macro head on a tripod! All in all, I'm pretty happy with results! Getting the shrimp to stay long enough on one spot was not easy, but I lured them to my marimo balls and alder cones by flipping them over and exposing uneaten biofilm. Sometimes I had to use a bamboo skewer to move unwanted subjects out of the way... nothing like poking away a black panda from photobombing my shots! lol

DSC_2381-2.JPG

DSC_2384-2.JPG

DSC_2389-2.JPG

DSC_2392-2.JPG

DSC_2397-2.JPG

DSC_2420-2.JPG

DSC_2422-2.JPG

DSC_2427-2.JPG

DSC_2434-2.JPG

DSC_2439-2.JPG

Man, the detail you can capture with these macro lenses is insane. 

59 minutes ago, ohmiko said:

Ummm Just my golden back (I think) 

and it freshly berried itself :) 

13453978_1050749005018154_806745208_n.jpg

I'm interested in getting some of these in fall - do you sell them or know someone that does?

Taitibee

DSC_9660a.JPG

DSC_9672a.JPG

DSC_9677a.JPG

WOW, Andy these are amazing! What's the color pattern called? Is that Red Steel?