Mayphly's Pinto Journal

mayphly

It's been a couple months and the same shrimp as pictured above is now juvie sized. The color is becoming more solid the older he gets.

post-89-0-87361200-1458271867_thumb.jpg

What a nice red! Looks to be the start of a zebra, but the red certainly stands out as different to me. Almost like the difference between a nice PFR and a nice BM.

What generation is this Taitibee?

This is a F1 Taitibee, very small though:

post-127-0-36053700-1458304578_thumb.jpg

What a nice red! Looks to be the start of a zebra, but the red certainly stands out as different to me. Almost like the difference between a nice PFR and a nice BM.

What generation is this Taitibee?

This is a F1 Taitibee, very small though:

attachicon.gifPinto-02.jpg

Nice looking shrimp DET!

This shrimp is the offspring from f1. I've noticed there are several different shades of red which appear in my taitibee. There's also some darker ones like this little fella. I like to refer to these ones as dragons. Way back when Speedie first started selling TB I remember he had some extreme reds with this sort of black marbling he referred to as "Dragons". I'm keeping my red taitibee in their own tank with hopes of stabilizing the red color. 

post-89-0-68535700-1458483583_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
15 hours ago, 88888888 said:

Just read through this whole thread and the pictures are OMG! Impressive work with your project

Thanks!

Sorry I've been lagging on the updates. I got to post some updated pics. lol!!

Although this started out as a pinto project It really should have been named taitibee project. I get so many different cool patterns from these guys. More steels than pintos really. I have moved my entire taitibee colony in to a 40 gallon breeder, There has to be about a dozen berried females in there at the moment.

I have taken some of my best red steel and best pintos and have them currently have them in separate breeder boxes. Hopefully they'll berry soon.

DSC_3485.JPG

DSC_8863.JPG

IMG_9879.JPG

DSC_9094.JPG

DSC_9145.JPG

DSC_5110.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
Here's a nice shadow zebra that appeared the other day.
DSC_5912.JPG.1d99212c767b80e6ddc38d9d29ab6396.JPG

Oh is that what that is?? I have 3 babies that look exactly like that, deep beautiful blue with zebra pinto stripes! Will they retain that deep blue or will it turn into black as they go through adulthood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh is that what that is?? I have 3 babies that look exactly like that, deep beautiful blue with zebra pinto stripes! Will they retain that deep blue or will it turn into black as they go through adulthood?

Pretty sure it will turn black. Did yours come from my taitibee?

Pretty sure it will turn black. Did yours come from my taitibee?

Honestly hard to say because 3 mothers birthed right around same time. Could be from any one of your BB I got maybe 4 months back, or from Soothing's BB or red spotted pinto.

Any guesses?

More than likely from pinto.[emoji106]

That's what I was thinking too since tiger genes. So the red pinto must have been crossed with panda/BKK at some point?

What happens when BB x pinto?

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2017 at 10:41 AM, ibebian said:

That's what I was thinking too since tiger genes. So the red pinto must have been crossed with panda/BKK at some point?

What happens when BB x pinto?

Sorry about the late response. These are my f1 offspring from crossing pinto and bb. Some just became berried the other day. Can't wait to see the next gen?

A9F491B3-DFB8-44D7-AA1B-5FB4EEFD5ECA.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/12/2014 at 10:56 PM, mayphly said:

I added 5 tibee to the TB tank this evening. Here's a couple of the tibee hanging out with their new tank mates during feeding time. Tonight I fed them a small piece of Omnia Pro which they swarmed on.

post-89-0-77989900-1415854547_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...