Blue Diamonds from Chocolate Shrimp

So I have a 2 gallon jar with chocolate shrimp I bought from the LFS. I originally bought six some came in berried and within a few weeks three sets of babies were born. All but one adult died the tank was very new about 2 weeks old. I am overrun with shrimp and I worked out a deal that if I get rid of this 2 gallon I can replace it with another tank. I want to upgrade to the landen 10.1 rimless and make it a community tank for my bee shrimp. I made a deal with a girl from a Facebook group to send her as many of my baby shrimp as I can to try and empty this tank. I fed them tonight and was looking at them very closely and noticed one juvenile looked blue. I looked closer and noticed that the last batch about 75% of shrimplets are blue too, they are finally big enough to get a decent look at them. Now I don't know what to do I still want to send as many brown shrimp to her as possible but I'm considering keeping the blue ones and breeding them out. Are these chocolate spawn blue diamonds? They look like it just not quite as bright. I wish I had a camera to take decent pictures of them to post.

Yep, I had some very blue shrimplets that then became brown as they aged. I don't think it unreasonable that you have some blue diamonds on your hands. I would keep them, as you were selling chocolates. I would probably let the seller know that they may throw some BDs. Some people just want the chocolates and no blues. Personally, I am addicted to blue shrimp.

This is pretty awesome I heard that chocolates dont breed true.  After the first two rounds of shrimplets they just werent as brown, some very light almost see through others had a redish color and a couple were dark solid brown or black.  That was what I thought I would get from them not anything else like blue shrimp. Now I am extremely excited to weed out the brown shrimp and see if I can isolate the blue ones.  They look so freaking cool!