Ellen Wang E-Class

Ch3fb0yrdee

Does anyone have this? I saw on another forum and it intrigued me as I know nothing about Ellen Wang and have never heard of her E-Class. Does anyone have more information or maybe direct me to a photo source?

While on the subject, what PRL lineages does everyone keep. I've been recently inspired to devote me time, space, and money to just caring for RedBees and BlackBees.

I have a tank of about 40-50 EW lineage PRL. started with 10 mixed grades. They are my personal collection.

she grades as E1, E2, E3, E4

Grade: E1

Description: Thick coloration, red legs coverage 50% to 70%

Size: 1~1.2cm

Grade: E2

Description: Thick coloration, red legs slight to less then 40% coverage

Grade: E3

Description: Good coloration, banded, V bands and Tiger Tooth

Grade: E4

Description: Color is thin, V bands, bands and Tiger Tooth

Thanks for that bit of information. I didn’t know that Ellen had her own grading for PRL (shows how much I know). When I saw a post on E-Class, I had thought that it was a classification league different than PRL (like her own special line that isn’t available).

When you say that the leg coverage is between 50% to 70%, what colors are you referring to? I think there’s an even split between folks likes red or white legs. Am I safe to assume Ellens are white legged PRL? It would also seem like Ellen’s E1 are going to mostly be full bodied white colored PRL with no visible markings on the middle half of the body.

Would you happen to have photos of what your Ellen Wang Mixes looks like?

It’s strange but it seems like shrimps are widely available one moment and suddenly becomes extremely hard to find. My friend in SF has Ellen’s but I don’t know how many he currently has breeding.

Colors pretty good. I'm in the corner of red legged red bees myself. From the photo these looks young or small and demonstrates a pinkish tint/glow. Some of my Nishiki PRL from HK looks similar.

I probably should change my title and make this a more generalize discussion on PRL.

Thanks for contributing James!

i think people seeing a high quality prl in person next to a high quality crs really gives a better perspective of how much better the whites are in PRL.

its hard to see in just photos.

I'm spinning up a larger better tank for my collection so they should start populating heavy again...

BUT i'm on the boat of once they leave the breeders hands (in my case EW) they are no longer EW shrimp.  they are not kept in her exact parameters, they are not under her quality control, they dont follow her culling technique, etc etc...

These are now DiscoBee PRL and i've been just letting them breed. 

Her leg coverage color is red, and her shrimps are award winning. Her e2 are nice they would be considered a step up from a a grade from nikishi or benibachi or ebiten like once sold on tpt. Her e1 would be more of a high end prl. Her a garde IMO would be her e3. Also when doing prl pattern has nothing to do with grade. So asking about the middle section pattern is null in prl grading. It is based on white and red coloring leg color and deepens of color and thickness in pronounced shell.

Her leg coverage color is red, and her shrimps are award winning. Her e2 are nice they would be considered a step up from a a grade from nikishi or benibachi or ebiten like once sold on tpt. Her e1 would be more of a high end prl. Her a garde IMO would be her e3. Also when doing prl pattern has nothing to do with grade. So asking about the middle section pattern is null in prl grading. It is based on white and red coloring leg color and deepens of color and thickness in pronounced shell.

Good to know her shrimps are red legged.  I didn't realized she won a 2014 contest, but I could but wrong or she could be ranked among the Chinese/Taiwanese competitions, theres too many to really track.  I am sure she's won many so no offense to her or her credibility, I know she is renown.

"Also when doing prl pattern has nothing to do with grade. So asking about the middle section pattern is null in prl grading. " - Thanks for the clarification, but I think there might have been a confusion.  On BostonEric's earlier post, he indicated that her E3&E4 were patterned and so I figured that she categorized patterns into her ranking, else why bother even mentioning it?  I do agree that patterns isn't a qualifier for grading and that colors should be the main factor (not only factor to be clear, again).  LOL, guess a little confusion came up when I made that post, apologies.

You're probably much more knowledgeable on PRL than myself. I barely have 2 tanks worth of PRL.  In your experience, which lineages have you seen and that you like most? You mentioned white color being an important factor, do you ever experience PRL with yellowing/pinkish colored shells?  Thoughts on such matter?

Steve! EXACTLY!! color > pattern!

Hahaha, Buddy!! You're right again! Color > Pattern 

But personally, I find the Tigers Tooth to Hino Patterns most attractive on shrimps. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Hino are usually the pattern desired.  As for yellowing/pinkish colored shells, you will not see that from any high grade prl breeder.  

Dont forget prl/pbl is just a term to describe a shrimp where a snow white wasnt used to improve the white quality.

so these will breed 100% true.  You may see some yellowing/pinkish coloring from lower quality prl or people trying to use the name prl. there is a reason why some are $20 and others are $200+  The standards high grade breeders use is well beyond what any of us in the US do.

I've been told by a few different well known breeders they wont even sell their prl culls. One even told me he takes them and feeds fish with them.

i was shown some of these shrimp that didnt have such a glorious life, and they were better than most anything we can get. Thats how high their standards are for culling.

Its another whole level.  And we are years behind.

Of course when people re paying $1000 per shrimp, one can afford to feed culls to fish and save only the top 10%. heh

Boston, I meant earlier that lots of top breeders will not let you sell their shrimp as X's Shrimp, because they cannot control another person's breeding factors.

I say pattern has not effect in grading because I think in her standards she might see less color development in the v or tiger tooth. So she discloses this so people are not confused why they might only get those. But it is color intensity, depth of color and solidness of color as well as thickness and devekopement of shell.

Good to know her shrimps are red legged.  I didn't realized she won a 2014 contest, but I could but wrong or she could be ranked among the Chinese/Taiwanese competitions, theres too many to really track.  I am sure she's won many so no offense to her or her credibility, I know she is renown.

"Also when doing prl pattern has nothing to do with grade. So asking about the middle section pattern is null in prl grading. " - Thanks for the clarification, but I think there might have been a confusion.  On BostonEric's earlier post, he indicated that her E3&E4 were patterned and so I figured that she categorized patterns into her ranking, else why bother even mentioning it?  I do agree that patterns isn't a qualifier for grading and that colors should be the main factor (not only factor to be clear, again).  LOL, guess a little confusion came up when I made that post, apologies.

You're probably much more knowledgeable on PRL than myself. I barely have 2 tanks worth of PRL.  In your experience, which lineages have you seen and that you like most? You mentioned white color being an important factor, do you ever experience PRL with yellowing/pinkish colored shells?  Thoughts on such matter?

Hahaha, Buddy!! You're right again! Color > Pattern 

But personally, I find the Tigers Tooth to Hino Patterns most attractive on shrimps. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

I will recommend MK-Breed PRL even you can get Ellen Wang.

F&N PRL is also pretty good.

Regarding grading.

pattern is separate factor, and only affects price.

Mosura is always one grade higher than Hinomaru if coloration is same quality.

But Eric is right on mk breed is solid for the price offered at.

Who is carrying r&n state side now?

F&N has no US dealer yet.

F&N is Taiwanese breeder focus on PRL and TB, Randy interviewed him during his trip.

I personally keep MK Breed PRL, I first saw these shrimps while browsing around on Facebook looking for shrimp breeders in Taiwan. I was amazed at how white and thick the shells were, and the colors of the legs. 

post-310-0-52344100-1420782620_thumb.jpgpost-310-0-60304500-1420782903_thumb.jpg

I picked up 10 of them, and its been in my tank for about 2 months now. One of them is definitely a female, with nice solid white body, and thick shells. Hopefully soon they will start breeding, and I can get a colony going. 

post-310-142067362975_thumb.jpg

I personally keep MK Breed PRL, I first saw these shrimps while browsing around on Facebook looking for shrimp breeders in Taiwan. I was amazed at how white and thick the shells were, and the colors of the legs. 

attachicon.gif10444007_656131227796070_8379053930178390856_n.jpgattachicon.gif10432486_653729334702926_1377904068351867694_n.jpg

I picked up 10 of them, and its been in my tank for about 2 months now. One of them is definitely a female, with nice solid white body, and thick shells. Hopefully soon they will start breeding, and I can get a colony going. 

How come the shrimps from the breeder's photos and yours look different? Did you buy different grade?

How come the shrimps from the breeder's photos and yours look different? Did you buy different grade?

The pictures from the breeders photos will be higher grades of course and taken under optimal lighting and using a proper camera. My shrimps are of a lower grade, and was taken with a cellphone camera as I was leaving the house. 

I guess I should have made it clear and say " I did not purchase shrimps that was the same grade of the pictures " 

The pictures from the breeders photos will be higher grades of course and taken under optimal lighting and using a proper camera. My shrimps are of a lower grade, and was taken with a cellphone camera as I was leaving the house. 

I guess I should have made it clear and say " I did not purchase shrimps that was the same grade of the pictures " 

I see. I thought you bought those shrimp in the breeder's photos.

I would love to see photos of highest/ second highest grade shrimp of those big brands, but taken by the keeper and not the breeder.