The Journals of ThegardenofEder

TheGardenofEder

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Forgot to post here about aquashella but I took home 2nd in neo all colors with my painted fire reds, 2nd in neo rilli with my red rillis, 2nd in Crystal's with my super crystal red one stripe, and 3rd in hybrids with my nebulas or purple rusty taitibee. At the aquatic experience I took first in super Crystal's with my super crystal red one stripe, first in tigers with my btoe, and third in tigers with my super tigers.

Picture of my Nebula 

20191018_101417.jpg

20190914_000429-01.jpeg

• 5 months later...

So back in Feburary I applied flea meds to my dogs just like I've done for the past 6 years of keeping shrimp. At roughly 1 pm. Only thing I did differently was I applied two doses to my big boy 140 lbs and i just happend to get my 72 inch lights in and thought there was no issue with the kids using the boxes for a sword fight just like we have done before. Around 4 or 5. Well after dinner and I got the kids to bed I sat down to play some call of duty and looked up and saw my fancy tigers zipping a zinging around the tank around 9 pm. Got my ladder out to take a closer look and saw the next tank also doing the same thing. Basically dog hair with the flea meds had gotten into all the open tanks in my living room where we had been sword fighting. Fancy tigers, dragons blood, pro, green tigers, tigers, tangtai, and tbs all took a hit. At one point I thought I was going to lose every shrimp in all 22 tanks that were contaminated. Shelby was in Atlanta and I had no idea what to do except jump into 50% water changes. I messaged a few shrimp friends and everyone just said damn sorry bro. Except Chaz Hing who told me to throw in some carbon. The only carbon I had or anything close to it was Aquachar that I just happend to have a few free sample from my buddy Brian Covey and quickly threw it into all the tanks. Within minutes I quickly saw my shrimp calming down and some flipped back over. Now I did lose some shrimp the tanks in the pic where the boxes are leaning on got hit the hardest. I really thought I was going to have to junk those tanks and restart from scratch on a few projects. However 2 months later and I'm happy to say all of the tanks are on the rebound. I even have babys in most of the tanks that were hit. Now really it took me so long to make this post because I wanted to see the long term effects I wasn't sure if the shrimp were going to breed or if it was going to effect the ph ect. Now I should of had lids on all the tanks that is on me and that has been taken care of now. However with out the Aquachar I should of easily been another horror story like I've seen many times in the past where pesticides have wiped out someone's colony or even their whole collection. I had a buddy who's mom bug bombed the house when they went to Disneyland. He put a bag around the tank and air pump and figured he was good. When he got home there was one dead shrimp in the tank. He used a net sitting on the counter that wasn't covered and it wiped out his whole colony of high grade fancy tigers. If he had just a bag of aquachar on him he could of prevented the whole massacre. Last but not least I need to thank Shelby Kaye Brown and Brandon Birdwell the two of them helped me keep it together and work through the night to save my shrimp.

20200404_220543.jpg

20200301_202422.jpg

20200203_203842.jpg

20200203_162000.jpg

received_2307240466232637.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...