OEBT x BB TB Results

Hey All!

I have been doing a project now for about 2-3 months breeding OEBT with TBs. I was lucky enough to have berried OEBT in no time once introducing a handful to my TB colony. I am not 100% sure if my OEBT berried from a BB male, but the majority of my males currently are BB. Has anyone had the opportunity to breed these two together, if so, what type of offspring did you see, any pictures would be great? I just found another OEBT female yesterday berried!!

I just noticed within the last two days a few odd colored extremely tiny shrimplets running around, keep in mind I have Shadow Pandas, Pandas, BB, and OEBT in the tank, the few shrimplets I saw were clear reddish/orangish coloration. As well all know as they mature coloration can change from day to day, but I am very interested in everyone's opinion and results.

A little off topic I just noticed a Wine Red/Ruby Red shrimplet in the tank also, love TBs and their various results when breeding!

Thanks all for taking the time to read.

DETAquarium

What water parameters are you using for this DET? I assume its TB type params since you said you placed them into an existing TB tank? I am hoping to do a little project like this once my tanks are done cycling, Thanks!

Great question. I took three of my darkest OEBT and put them in my TB tank. I have not checked my TB tank's water parameters in quite sometime, with the exception of TDS. Last I checked though here are the results:

PH- 6.2-6.4

TDS- 149

GH- 5-6

KH 0-1

Temp- 70-72

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

SO... It has been quite sometime since I had an update on this topic. I have had several batches of shrimplets in my TB/OEBT Tank. I have had Pandas, Shadow Pandas, Wine Red, Blue Bolt and OEBT offspring, with alot of No-Entry Hino patterns but no Tibees!

Finally I noticed this past set of shrimplets produced a number of Tibees. Though, they are extremely small at this point, I will post some pictures when they are a bit larger (juvenile size).

Now the challenge to cross these Tibees back to TBs begin.

Not the best picture but I took it with my iPhone this weekend. Tiny Shrimplet:

post-127-0-37776700-1431954949_thumb.jpg

Great markings!

Thank you! I am hoping it only improves with age.

Great question! Ultimately I want to create my own Zebra Pintos, nice bold white stripes that are equally separated. I know, its not really to out of the box, but I really wanted to create my "OWN" line of pinto from scratch. Hopefully I can create an alternate body color from the normal red/black with white stripes.

• 2 weeks later...

nice, I would like to see more pictures

There are four that I have moved to my TB tank. 1 of the 4 has a remarkable white striped pattern. Hopefully when they get a bit larger I can take a decent picture.

This is the same Tibee in both pictures. I have another that has double the white coverage, I will try to snag a picture of it soon. 

post-127-0-95487400-1433419326_thumb.jpgpost-127-0-37832100-1433419329_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Terrible Picture I know. I have tried for a long time to get a picture of my Tibees in my TB Tank. They move so fast!

post-127-0-67727200-1436790530_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...