OEBT x BB TB Results

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to add a few more pictures of my F1 Taitibees as I have a few F2 generations coming!

Taitibee-01.jpgTaitibee-03.jpgTaitibee-04.jpg

Been away for quite a while now, but happy to pop in and see this still going. Looks like some very promising examples so far! It gives me great hope for my own pinto project. I've got a single homemade surviving Tibee female(who also was the best looking!) that just berried off my favorite Shadow Panda.  Super excited to see what she turns out, fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2016 at 7:53 AM, DETAquarium said:

Just wanted to add a few more pictures of my F1 Taitibees as I have a few F2 generations coming!

Taitibee-01.jpgTaitibee-03.jpgTaitibee-04.jpg

Great looking shrimps!! Congrats!! Keep it up! 

Got a few which look like yours :)

20 hours ago, seaj said:

Have you seen any babies with orange eyes? I think it's a cool trait, and I'd like to see it combined with other phenotypes.

Thanks for all of the updates!

Not yet. But I have noticed in one of my most recent batches that there is a good possibility a couple might.

• 2 months later...
On 10/2/2016 at 3:12 AM, mikehawkrocs said:

any update on this?

Thanks for asking Mikehawkrocs, unfortunately not. I have ran into a few speed bumps, but breeding has continued. Just swapping shrimp in and out of tanks, and restarting a few others, slowed me down on project.  Definitely will keep you posted as I go though.

• 1 year later...

Hi, 

New to the group I just read all the post, Awesome shrimps, Question did you get better results from the Female Tibee or the female TB x Male Tibee. For the Zebra pattern.

Post pictures of the F6 or which generation you have by now. Nice project.

To tell you the true. I wont waste time with such a project. I would buy cheap fancy tigers $15-25 each and will start from there. I'm on gen 8 already and still pretty far away from good colony. There are some very good shrimps but not enough stable population. Rest are much lower quality than exiting "cheap  fancy tigers.My  problem might be that I mixed red tigers with red bolt instead with CRS  ,who can tell. breeders in Taiwan have better track on genetics of their shrimps and can predict and skip mistakes better than us. In near future I will probably cancel my experiment and will go toward selective breeding of the FT I've got already.

If you want just to experiment with mixing gene pools better do a tank with all the shrimps you can buy. From there after 2-3 generations you can select and try to breed 2-3 variations.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have some of those Fancy Tigers and Zebra Pintos coming out of some of Mayphlys shrimp. TB’s are awesome and I really like that each clutch is a surprise! I consider myself very lucky 🍀 that someone else did all of the legwork already 🙏

On 5/30/2018 at 1:10 PM, plamski said:

To tell you the true. I wont waste time with such a project. I would buy cheap fancy tigers $15-25 each and will start from there. I'm on gen 8 already and still pretty far away from good colony. There are some very good shrimps but not enough stable population. Rest are much lower quality than exiting "cheap  fancy tigers.My  problem might be that I mixed red tigers with red bolt instead with CRS  ,who can tell. breeders in Taiwan have better track on genetics of their shrimps and can predict and skip mistakes better than us. In near future I will probably cancel my experiment and will go toward selective breeding of the FT I've got already.

If you want just to experiment with mixing gene pools better do a tank with all the shrimps you can buy. From there after 2-3 generations you can select and try to breed 2-3 variations.

this is basically what i'm trying with PRL's. get some different stock throw them in a tank and see what comes out in a few generations and go from there.