Who has microcrabs?

• 1 year later...

Great pets if you're a vampire as they seem to come out mostly at night. 

My nano tank (2.6 gal) had a large piece of driftwood and provided lots of hiding places. Needless to say I hardly ever saw them. Although I noted that they hide just as often as my red claw crabs. But the only advantage that the micro crabs have is their size. It's easier to spot a hidden red 2 inch crab than a grey crab that's half an inch long.

I recently rescaped my tank with plenty of plants and smaller pieces of wood- I used spiderwood this time. Although they still do a great job at hiding at the root of the plants and still only come out at night, it's easier to spot them.

I've attached video of my old tank

IMG_0072.mov

• 4 months later...

Invertebrates by msjinkzd keeps them all the time,she has a you tube channel.(Rachel)

• 5 months later...

Recently set up a 2.5-gallon micro tank for a handful of these little guys.  One thing I learned very quickly is that they do NOT like the cold - ever since I moved them into my bathroom with a space heater, they've been very active and even fairly adventurous.  The other thing is that they fit very easily through the slots covering the filter intake (this is a TopFin "Retreat"), so there's probably a whole party going on back there.  Eventually going to fasten a piece of mesh behind the cover to keep them out.  In the meantime, I'm enjoying them - I don't find them as cute or charming as my shrimp, but they are pretty entertaining.

IMG_9339.MOV

IMG_9483.MOV

I bought 6 and then I thought they were killing my shrimp so I removed them. Turns out it wasn't them. I must have missed one because months and months later I saw one. I couldn't believe it. They will literally eat anything it seems like. I really like them, but they are way too reclusive.

On 1/16/2017 at 5:08 PM, DA SHRIMP KID said:

I had crabs once but i used medicine that killed them :lolu:

I cant believe it took time this long to get it. 

Here I was thinking "poor little crabs, this person should have used API Melafix cuz that crap doesn't do anything". 

On 1/19/2017 at 11:42 PM, Jen said:

Here I was thinking "poor little crabs, this person should have used API Melafix cuz that crap doesn't do anything". 

On 1/19/2017 at 11:42 PM, Jen said:

A little sense of humor is a good thing once in a while huh?