Maurice's 1st breeding tank

Maurice

Hi all,

Thought I would like to share my first dedicated shrimp breeding tank.

We are still very much behind in shrimp keeping and breeding as a hobby in SA, but more and more people are getting into the bobby here.

Standard 3 foot, 95L tank, devided into 2 partitions with a sponge filter in both and canister of 400L/h into the right side, thru the middle and then into the left side

subs are ADA power sand and aquasoil 

temp is 22 deg

tds around 105

GH 4.5 - 5

I am still finding my feet with the water parameters, but still learning as I go along. Luckily that are only a-c grade, as sss grade wouldnt be as forgiving

I have CRS and yellow fire/yellow cherrie on one side and red cherrie on the other side, want to add some CBS with the red cherrie, but they are as scarce as chicken teeth in South Africa.

We dont have any great quality shrimp in SA like ss or sss, but basically c-a grades

any crit or suggestions welcome  :)

IMG_0952-1_zpssmllo6pv.jpg

IMG_0951_zpsz5cbkwzd.jpg

IMG_0954-1_zpskuzqdztk.jpg

IMG_5730_zps3thc7du7.jpg

IMG_5743_zps1buzehzw.jpg

IMG_5742_zpsh4psymnz.jpg

IMG_5744_zpsycynacug.jpg

Really like the setup, well done! I think C-Grade CRS are actually becoming more popular, could be a good thing for you!

Thanks all for the positive comments.

GDT78, thanks very much for the offer, I will defintely take them, will contact you :)

I took the pictures with my 15-85 lens.

Roborep1, the plants are Bolbitis and Needle leave Java fern and various mosses and the wood is called spider wood, not sure what you guys call it in the America tho, think you call it Redmoor?

I will keep on updating as I go along with my progress

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 0:44 PM, Soothing Shrimp said:

I've been trying over a year to find oranges that pigmented, to no avail.

Soothing I have some orange neos I have been breeding I have a bunch of babies coloring up nicely, ill let you know how they turn out. Unfortunately my one and only breeding age female died shortly after having her second batch of babies.