Types of Aquarium worms

• 10 months later...

I still have seen my Otos show no interest in any worm or moving critter, etc. Just surfaces in the tank and the food I give them. (But it was me that posted before... maybe I have boring Otos)

Detritus worms are the most common "white wiggly worm" people are concerned about, and are generally harmless. Often people will tell you they're a sign of a healthy tank ecosystem, although if there are a ton of them showing up, you may be overfeeding, or have disturbed them somehow. (tank conditions or substrate cleaning/substrate condition) 

According to what I've found, detritus worms are not nematodes, they are annelid worms. 

Hope that helps?

ETA: Here's a new link to some worm info... as with any internet source, compare with other info and do your own research! And the treatments listed are for fish, not necessarily shrimp safe!!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

2hours ago, I siphoned water and this worm from my shrimp's tank. Can anyone identify this unknown worm...? ways to prevent its growth in the tank again? Looking forward to your advices and sharing of ur experiences . thanks in advance bernard , my email address is camelclubsingapore@gmail.com or simply pot in this forum. Cheers !

ASUS - WIN_20170517_192438.JPG

• 4 years later...