Tangerine Tiger with Red Markings?

I have only seen Tangerine Tigers with the normal black markings, is this shrimp yours? Hope you selectively breed it.

Any chance your TT mixed with a red tiger? I seem to remember someone mixing those previously and they looked alot like yours. I think they called them bengal tigers or something. I will have to do some searching now.

Edit: nevermind. Found the pics of TT x red tiger hybrid i was thinking of and they did not have red stripes.

Thank you for all the replies (I love this group!)Yes! I am very excited to do some selective breeding with this one. I guess it is time to invest in a breeder box.

Fishlover, I wish I could say I bred it, but it showed up after a few molts in a bunch of juvies I bought. You can be certain I'll be working toward more of them tho'.

Shrimple, did you just come up with that name or do they exist? It is great

I have a bunch of Tangerine tiger but none looks like this..... I love to have one. I am fond of red.

I even crossed them with CRS. Hoping and wishing to obtain some red marking offsprings. However all F1s have even darker strips and dark spots. Even F2, not showing any red.... Hopefully the red will show in F3.

I have a bunch like that. However, mine were crossed with crs and when I got them they were already 4-5th generation. Here's a couple pics of the ones with only red markings. I also have them with lots of white on them. Do you know if the person you got them from ever crossed them with crs?

post-89-0-41416400-1440635032_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-32876500-1440635152_thumb.jpg

Wow that is cool looking. Did you get that from me? I can definitively say they were not crossed with anything in the last two years if it is mine ;) Morph?

Also to clarify what I meant by the last two years... That is how long I have had my colony and I am not sure of the previous state other than they were sold as tangerine tigers ;)

Wow that is cool looking. Did you get that from me? I can definitively say they were not crossed with anything in the last two years if it is mine ;) Morph?

I got mine from Ravensgate about a year ago.

Hey Mayphly, they came from Rostick and he's confirmed that they haven't crossed in two years anyway. Have you noticed if they are true breeding or anything? Do you keep them separate or just keep them with your tangerines?

Hey Mayphly, they came from Rostick and he's confirmed that they haven't crossed in two years anyway. Have you noticed if they are true breeding or anything? Do you keep them separate or just keep them with your tangerines?

Mine are all tibee. It sounds like you have yourself a gem! It's amazing how similar they look!

Sorry Mayphly I should of clarified about who I was directing my question to as well :) That is amazing how unique these shrimp can be, now I am jealous Wygglz  keep us updated ;)

• 6 months later...

Wygglz are you still breeding the TT that you found with red stripes? Have you been able to reproduce the colors in offspring?

I ask because i just found one as well but i believe mine is from a 2nd gen of crossing TT and red tiger. Im hoping these colors hold till adulthood and i will try to reproduce.

01a70a9f9e07df94adda0ad7eca4ee95.jpg