TB questions

Ok so I'll be getting some TBs from a friend once my tank is ready... Catch is he only has two colors, BKK and BB.

I understand that TB can produce different colored offsprings... But my question is, out of BKK and BB, which combination would give out the most reds?

Would it increase the chance of red TB offsprings if first they are crossed with crystal bees and then mischlings x parents?

Also, is it true that BB x BB = different shades of BB?

Hi.

What ever you get just breed them out.

The only way to produce more red TBs Is to start off with a group of red TBs.

You will just have to wait for your BKK and BB to throw out some reds.

Just separate them and let them breed out.

A good number to start out is 30 pieces.

My TBs do not throw out many BB.

Out of hundreds maybe 1 or 2. strange.

It totally depends on blood line.

Some blood line I knew never throw out other colors.

Aside from what has been said. I personally started out with 10 TB, a mix between Shadow Panda, BKK, Panda, and Blue Bolts. I have never purchased any Red TBs but now have an entire tank solely for Wine Red and Ruby Red TBs. As stated it depends on genetics and what they have been crossed with prior to you receiving them. 

To add to what Bryce just stated regarding "Pure Strains", I have a Blue Bolt TB tank. I have had two batches of shrimplets and so far, every single shrimplet is a Blue Bolt. Coincidence probably, but I have 20-30 new Blue Bolt shrimplets, and hope that I continue to receive a very high rate of BB!

I think BB and RB can breed tru-ish.  There's been lots of discussion/theories about whether red/blue bolts are actually a variant of snows since many snows have blue or red cheeks.  Some theorize the only difference is the amount of coloration on the white.

I readily admit that I do not have enough hands on experience with TB to know the answer, but it's fun reading about theories just the same. :D

• 1 year later...

From everything that I have read here the BKK will give you much better odds ? Many thanks to the SS Forefathers!!!