Aura Pinto

• 2 months later...

Those shrimp are pretty amazing and inspirational!!!  I  recently got some Golden Bees and put a male Royal Blue OET in there. However from what I am reading those Bees aren't going to give me anything interesting at all ? And I have to use a TB to get decent patterns? Or is that information incorrect? 

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while since I posted an update on these guys. There hasn't been too much exciting stuff to report on them. The blue guys look black to me when looking at them. However, with the macro camera they still show a hint of blue. I have a lot of babies and berried shrimp in the tank right now. Some red ones have showed up. I may be moving those to a seperate tank soon.

DSC_9198.JPG

DSC_9059.JPG

DSC_9028.JPG

DSC_8981.JPG

DSC_9074.JPG

Sweet, you seem to have gotten a lot of cool color combos in that tank!

Sweet, you seem to have gotten a lot of cool color combos in that tank!

I have a bunch of babies at the moment that are looking very promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so would the first picture of the little red one with dark head be an "aura red dragon".  Or am I confusing the genetics? I am trying to learn the subtleties of the hybrid names.  What are you going to name them?

• 1 month later...

mayphly

These Aura Blue Shrimp that you have, is their anything Special about then? Or are they just normal Aura Blue´s?

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a quick update. Today I've gone ahead and set up another tank for these guys. I'll be keeping selected red ones in here. I like the name Shrimporama coined "aura red dragon". I just refer to them as aura or pinto hybrids. There's already too many names out there that'll just make things more confusing. lol!. I selected ten red ones similar to these guys. I'll try and get more pics of them later.

DSC_3346.JPG

no edit1.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a brief update on this aura x pinto project. These guys are about 6 months old now and are from the 5th/6th generation. I have about 4 of these from the last batch and have moved them to their own tank. To be continued.....

DSC_8965.JPG