HELP! Shrimp Green FUNGUS

ShrimpP

I never had this parasite but as far as what I would do, I would throw out everything because it's not worth the risk.

You can try using treatments for parasites and when you think it's gone, water change and add some carbon to remove all of treatment and add a few shrimp.

Time for round #2!!

4 are still alive no green and really clear and healthy looking.  The one with more red is one of them.  I do have 10 more that will be here tomorrow from YOU. :)

The tank was treated and took a bad hit for lack of lights and all the meds (NOX-ICH, Paraguard, Erythromycin and fenbendazole) but since I stopped all meds things bounced back REALLY fast.. AR-Mini looks better than my main tank Flame Moss took off as well.  Even the one sprig of dwarf baby tears I tossed in there knowing it would die eventually actually laid down and started to spread in 2 directions.  Water is crystal clear nitrates never over 5 (Not sure how plants are making it) and the 4 male shrimp swimming around all seem to do well and molt often. 

Not sure if it was the clean water that kept it from spreading to the other shrimp or the meds but the tank hopefully will not have any issues. :)

EDIT to add Pic of their new home when they get here...

20160126_200650-1.jpg

Mr. F, when you succeed, shrimpers over the world will rejoice your name!  You can always call it (Your Name) Remedy.  You'll go down in history!

Well my name is Nick! :] ...But that wouldn't roll off the tongue quite well... haha. maybe you can help me come up with a better name.

Ps. Soothing, your posts always put a smile on my face. I truly appreciate your optimism and inspiration! 

WOW.. my Blue Velvets came in today from Poopians (OMG Aquatics), they are so dark and active.  The "Other" ones from the "Other" place came all pale and clear so I guess really really low grade (Besides the infection).  

Thanks again Poopians, they really seem to like their new home. :)  Ordered 10 and got 12 also with some Java moss.  I will try and get some pics up later.  I will also add some feedback in the next couple days for ya. 

Edited by Dropline
Added name change to OMG Aquatics

Thanks Soothing and Wygglz, I can always count on you two!

Also good to hear about poopians velvets, I'm in the process of ordering some blue rilis that look incredible! So much excitement, not sure what to do with myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Sorry to hijack....

Has anyone with this specific parasite, had it clear up and go away?

I have a 10gal tank filled with blue Neos, and they thrive. About every 3-4 months, I will find one shrimp that is so infected, it actually glows. I pull it, then furiously inspect the tank. Occasionally will find a second infected shrimp within 24 hours, but if I don't, it will be around 3-4 months before another is found.

I currently have two infected and quarantined shrimp. They were near solidly infected, bright "Mountain Dew" coloured, and pulled them both two weeks ago. Just changed out their quarantine water, and they look as healthy as the rest of my stock. One is near clear, so it's fairly easy to see the lack of parasites.

Was going to be selling the offspring back to the LFS I got them from (sweet deal!), but dropped that campaign as soon as I found parasites. Told myself I'd try selling again if I could go 6-8 months without a 'site, but that has not happened. No outbreaks though either.

Thoughts? I would easily trade future sales for healthy shrimp any day!