Twister's Shrimping Journal

Twister54

• 2 months later...

Time for an update, it a long one as it's been a while!

I had some PH problems in the michling tank, which caused a mass die off of the cherries I had in there, I also lost 4 of the michlings :(.

Ended up moving them to my old cherry tank which I had to move all the cherry culls out of first! The michlings have been in that tank a couple weeks now and I have lost another two (possibly down to a long power cut I had) or possibly because I'm having trouble maintaining the tank parameters as it's such a small tank.

I have taken apart and rebuilt the michlings tank and am hoping to move them back soon! Here's the michling tank I'm still filling it at the moment!
a0ef0408537ec06836b5b1c183338a0b.jpg

I have modified the HMF filters as I was having some problems with them blocking up constantly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the positive side I have had some success with the cherry tank.

The higher grade cherries that I had separated out from the old cherry tank, about 8 in total have started to breed, I've got 3-4 berried at the moment :)

I also puchased some tiger shrimp from my LFS on Thursday, I have lost one but they all seem quite happy at the moment. They are some quite pretty shrimp, I have some clear, some that are blue tinged with orange tails and one that is mostly orange, lovely variety. They have been put in with my higher grade cherries at the moment.

6cbac3e8acc91441d1f7e2d77b14275d.jpg

eddb02fd3d8aeccfb293f29b329475c7.jpg

0c882f66380dcf681a84c7ba41b52734.jpg

I also ended but with a tiny blue dream baby which was in the same tank in the shop with the tigers, he must have slipped in somehow! I have currently put him in with my cherry culls, too small to breed at the moment but it's a lovely blue color, might have to use it as an excuse to get some more! 6f435eb0e9fc380a5f5b572a90fb7831.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...