Green Neo ID.

• 3 months later...
On 1/26/2016 at 10:44 PM, Mr. F said:

The green shrimp are starting to gain more color. The orange/yellow shrimp they come from have the 24K gene so these green ones have little bits of fleck throughtout as well as the green/yellow neon stripe. I haven't seen them in a while which concerned me, but today I snapped a quick one of this guy. I'm thinking of calling them 24K Neon Chartreuse... and as a common name, "Slime Green neos!"

NeonChartreuse.jpg

How are the neon greens doing?  I could be interested in these over the blue rili.  Also would find the neon yellows a good option for the yellow shrimp I'm looking for.

How are the neon greens doing?  I could be interested in these over the blue rili.  Also would find the neon yellows a good option for the yellow shrimp I'm looking for.

I have been unable to stabilize the line. They end up just throwing deep yellows. I'd say 1/30 comes up green. I will have neo nessies by fall, but they're more of a blue-green.

3 minutes ago, Mr. F said:

I have been unable to stabilize the line. They end up just throwing deep yellows. I'd say 1/30 comes up green. I will have neo nessies by fall, but they're more of a blue-green.

I guess the Nessies are tolerant to my water parameters and the coloring varies?  This could look nice...  Do you also have the the neon yellows as well?  I thought I saw something to that effect when the neon greens popped up.  That could probably sew up the last of my selections of shrimp.

I guess the Nessies are tolerant to my water parameters and the coloring varies?  This could look nice...  Do you also have the the neon yellows as well?  I thought I saw something to that effect when the neon greens popped up.  That could probably sew up the last of my selections of shrimp.

I'm no longer breeding the yellows, tho I do have a couple. I actually don't know anyone with them right now. You could check aquabid. Nessies are just like other neos and they range from lime to Kelly to forest green. All grades throw all other grade offspring. It's a weird strain. My params are pH 7.4, KH 2, GH 6, TDS 175.

1 minute ago, Mr. F said:

I'm no longer breeding the yellows, tho I do have a couple. I actually don't know anyone with them right now. You could check aquabid. Nessies are just like other neos and they range from lime to Kelly to forest green. All grades throw all other grade offspring. It's a weird strain. My params are pH 7.4, KH 2, GH 6, TDS 175.

Okay, I'll look you up come fall for the green or blue rili.  

Every time I see your  user name, that "Mister F" from Arrested Development pops in my head.