Be careful: Delta will not let you carry/check in any pet/fish/shrimp

usgetata

Flying back from New York to Miami with 14 x dwarf puffer fishes in a traveling foam box. Delta didn't allow us to check it. They said since May under the new policy no pet is allow to be carry nor check in. I had to put the fishes into the trash in front of their eyes [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, 35ppt said:

that is so horrible, I'm sorry.

I would have expected tsa to have a fit about the liquid aspect, anyway.

Fun fact: You can take fish through TSA
Just keep telling them: It is a live fish.

I have had the low-level people have a very negative reaction. They think they are supposed to stop all water at the checkpoint. Not true. Their regulation says "all unknown liquids". A fish is in a very "known" liquid(water). The supervisor will almost always know this regulation. Fish are allowed through carryon in any size bag of water you want. I do it all the time.

Wait, why did Delta have to know what was in your carry-on? Couldn't you just say it was food?

Sent from my Nexus 5X

As an Asian I tried to say that it could be my sashimi snack, but the Delta staff didn't buy it. [emoji15]

Fun fact: You can take fish through TSA

Just keep telling them: It is a live fish.

I have had the low-level people have a very negative reaction. They think they are supposed to stop all water at the checkpoint. Not true. Their regulation says "all unknown liquids". A fish is in a very "known" liquid(water). The supervisor will almost always know this regulation. Fish are allowed through carryon in any size bag of water you want. I do it all the time.

I kept begging the Delta staff to let me talk to the TSA, but they said it doesn't matter because it is Delta's rule to not allow any pet.

What made me more upset was that in the plane I heard dog barking! And they said no pet allowed at all.

3 minutes ago, usgetata said:

I kept begging the Delta staff to let me talk to the TSA, but they said it doesn't matter because it is Delta's rule to not allow any pet.

What made me more upset was that in the plane I heard dog barking! And they said no pet allowed at all.

TSA will let you bring Live Fish, they do have to inspect the bag and see the fish moving/swimming.  But from there you can just put them in any cary-on or backpack.  Delta has no need to know what is in your carry on, as long as TSA clears you

TSA will let you bring Live Fish, they do have to inspect the bag and see the fish moving/swimming.  But from there you can just put them in any cary-on or backpack.  Delta has no need to know what is in your carry on, as long as TSA clears you

Now I know. I was too "follow by the rule" and notified the Delta staff at the beginning. Should have just walk straight to the TSA [emoji35]

That's terrible, I can't imagine how difficult it had to be to have to make that decision.

In the future: don't ask/don't tell. Delta made that rule cause pets were dying. If you aren't going to hold them responsible and your dead fish are packaged so as not to sink up the cabin: it doesn't matter

Sent from my Nexus 5X