Got a postcard in the mail : Controsoil

Sorry if this has already been talked about.  I havnt been online much this week.    Just wanted to say I got post card in the mail today from marfield saying that Controsoil is back on amazon.  I checked and its true. 

Sorry if this has already been talked about.  I havnt been online much this week.    Just wanted to say I got post card in the mail today from marfield saying that Controsoil is back on amazon.  I checked and its true. 

Just this too. Is it the $19 bag?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I got a postcard as well. Looks like any prior customers got one.

At the risk of turning this into a product review... I have been running 1" of control soil in my 12 G long for a year now and it has retained it's buffering so far. I only use reconstituted RO and I run 0 KH, both of which are likely extending it's life. My plants grow, my mischling CRS/CBS breed well, overall I very happy with it.

3l $19.00... OUCH!!!

It will take more than a postcard for me to buy Controsoil again.  I cannot complain about the product as it has done well fo me in my TB tank, but their disappearing act without any regard to the customer does not sit well for me...  Their website was still active just stripped of all info, which means they easily could have posted a short explaination.  Bad customer support means no future business from me.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Jadenlea said:

Is it gone again?? I was going to put it on my xmas list but looked on amazon and see none. :(

i think its this https://www.amazon.com/Marfied-Controsoil-3L/dp/B00UWGO4X6

just bought it since I'm going to redo my mix Tibee tank

I use contro / brightwell in all of my cardinia tanks. *they're the same soil, different packaging*

For those interested in contro soil and want to shop around for better deals. You can also get it from Smith and Fosters. However the only time I would purchase it is when they have a sale. They usually have anywhere between 21-29% off. It's sold as "Brightwell Aquatics FlorinVolcanit Plant Substrate" on their site. I recommend getting XF particle size so babies won't be able to get into the substrate. Go for the bigger bag too. I use about half to 3/4 of a bag for a 20g Long, it never hurts to have extra on reserve either.

My experience with it so far has been pretty good My ph with RO/DI is at a steady 6.0

If buce plant has a better deal going on or if  they have similar prices as S/F, I'd go with them first since they are a smaller business.

But in the end, remember that the main purpose of the soil is to buffer and keep the ph stable.