ORGANIC MULBERRY LEAVES FOR SALE

Shrimp Life

Hi All!

I have a large Mulberry Tree in my Yard. This tree is yielding beautiful Organic, Chemical and Pesticide Free - Mulberry Leaves which I Cut, Rinse, Sun Dry (or use fresh) and use in my tanks. The shrimp really enjoy them. While dry they are around 3" ,These leaves are 4-7" big before they were dried, so when rehydrated/put into tank they expand and get much bigger (back to original size)

PLUS I will include extras in each order!

Shipping is USPS First Class Mail $4.00 FOR ANY AMOUNT OF LEAVES PURCHASED

50 leaves for $12 plus shipping

100+ leaves for $20 plus shipping

Mulberry Leaves are known to be high in carbohydrates, fibre, vitamins and minerals

They are an excellent food source for all Dwarf Shrimps and 
are known to help maintain their exoskeleton and aid the moulting process.

They can be introduced directly into the aquarium by weighing them down or eventually they will sink

Feed as part of a balance diet

mulberry2.JPG

Shrimp P  The leaves came dried. I put them in RO water and zapped them in the microwave for about a minute and a half  to make them nice and soft.  They would soften themself in the water after a couple days but this made them soft and tearapartable (Yes thats a word!)  right away.   

The plant on the shrimp cave thing is just Naga grass .  Stuff grows like weeds!  Put  a couple stems of it in your tank and you will have handfuls of it in a couple months.  I forget that the grassy clump plants are.. Its on the tip of my tongue but its not uncommon. I bet someone else here will know the name.  I believe I got it from han.  Possibly from Mayphly in a RAOK  package he made a year ago this month!!!   

6 hours ago, Jadenlea said:

Got her leaves yesterday.  My shrimp in all 4 tanks loved them 

tensec.jpg

fifteensec.jpg

Wow beautiful shrimp colony! What is that gorgeous mostly black shrimp in the first picture because I am in love :o

6 hours ago, ShrimpP said:

@Jadenlea Nice! Are they dried or can they be fed fresh? By the way, what are the names of these plants you have?

The grassy-leaved one to the left and the one to the right of the Mulberry leaf in the 2nd pic, and the plant that is directly "on" that white shrimp cave ball thing in the 2nd picture?

I use them fresh and dried. Dried is convenient for storing Once you drop the dry leaves in the shrimp do go to them. Thanks for posting the pics Jadenlea, appreciate it and nice to see your shrimp that are very nice!

Oh Miko.   Thanks for the compliment.    The shrimp  colony are only from two sources.  The TBs are from Shrimpscales and the Michlings are from DreamerYOYO.   I only started the tank  last november or so and I have literally hundreds of babies.    I recommend both sellers for a good healthy start.     The black one you love  (Im guessing you mean the one with the little blue dot) is one of Shrimpscales Broken Patter TBs that he puts up for auction every now and then.   I love his broken patterns more than any of his other shrimp because they are unique. 

I just scrolled up and looked again.  You said in the first pic.  The black and blue striped one?  That is a shadow panda.  Not sure if that is one of Shrimpscales originals or one of the babies I have gotten since.  His TBs seem to throw alot of shadow pandas!

20 hours ago, Jadenlea said:

Oh Miko.   Thanks for the compliment.    The shrimp  colony are only from two sources.  The TBs are from Shrimpscales and the Michlings are from DreamerYOYO.   I only started the tank  last november or so and I have literally hundreds of babies.    I recommend both sellers for a good healthy start.     The black one you love  (Im guessing you mean the one with the little blue dot) is one of Shrimpscales Broken Patter TBs that he puts up for auction every now and then.   I love his broken patterns more than any of his other shrimp because they are unique. 

I just scrolled up and looked again.  You said in the first pic.  The black and blue striped one?  That is a shadow panda.  Not sure if that is one of Shrimpscales originals or one of the babies I have gotten since.  His TBs seem to throw alot of shadow pandas!

Thank you for getting back to me!!! Definitely gotta get some of my own in the following months! Superb colony :)

On July 19, 2016 at 2:21 PM, dazalea said:

Here are what the fresh picked and dried ones look like...

freshcutmulberryleaves.JPG

driedmulberryleaves.JPG

mulberrydried.JPG

I'm so excited!! I wonder, is it okay to pick it from the tree? I read somewhere people say it'll have a lot of the chlorophyll or Something since its green instead of when it naturally falls off. Gathering leaf litter is really confusing and I'm so hesitant with my bamboo and guava leaves because there's so many different answers :(

Awesome!! :) this is very useful information to know thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I just replied to you. The last batch had some mold growing on it as they were not dried all the way (appeared totally dry but I guess alittle moisture trapped in the bag caused some issues. I am currently drying a large batch in the sun for 7 days. These will be fine. Anyone who bought from me and had any issue with the leaves please pm me. this is a very noticable thing so you would tell right away if your leaves became moldy from moisture. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I have done my final picking for the year. I have a few bushels of the Mulberry leaves almost completely dry. If you would like to get some , I have a limited quantity until next summer.  I'll be able to ship these out later this week. 

Thanks to all those who tried them out and reported their success. And I have been drying the heck out of them and sorry to the few people when I first starting selling them -who had an issue because there was moisture in the bag. I have changed my packaging and drying method and since then it is all good!

Generally a dark cool place is all that is needed to keep dried foods nutritious for over a year.  Moisture and light degrade most foods.  My dried herbs are kept in the pantry in mason jars and the temperature is around 60 degrees.   I'm sure that if you put them in the freezer they will last for several years.  My stock seeds are dried to <5% and I have had tomato seeds germinate up to 10 years later.