Maurice's shrimp rack

Maurice

Hi everybody!

I have been quiet lately as we moved house and life, but wanted to share my new rack.

The tanks are 120*45*30cm, divided in 4. The middle tanks will be replaced with the same as on the top and bottom shelve.

IMG_6607.JPG

Top tank is still cycling and I will transfer all the CRS to this one, according to grade, S grade left, SS grade second left, SSS grade second right and TB in right tank

IMG_6608.JPG

IMG_6642.JPG

Same will happen with the middle tank, as with grading and then golden bees in the right side tank

IMG_6612.JPG

IMG_6641.JPG

Bottom is Neos, left are culls, second left are dreamy blues, second right are Taiwan Fire reds and normal tigers and then left are blue jelly.

IMG_6611.JPG

IMG_6639.JPG

IMG_6640.JPG

IMG_6645.JPG

IMG_6646.JPG

I will update as I go along

Hi Maurice!  Your rack set up is very nice!  Your tanks and shrimp are absolutely stunning!  Would each tank contain it's own unique water system or are they connected?  Your camera skills are also very good.  I like the pictures and hope to see alot more!

Thanks uslanja.

The tanks are all connected, as I didnt want so much wiring off filters and heaters, so each bank of 4 tanks has 4 double sponge filters and 1 heater and 1 cannister of 400l/h

The partitions has got 2*50mm holes in, where I have put 45ppi sponge filter in so the shrimp cant get into the next side.

The cannister filters draws the water from the left side, thru the filter and then back into, on the right side of the bank.

This will work well if I wanted to do selective breeding as I can move the shrimp around without acclimitising, tho the downside is if there ever had to be a bacterial outbreak

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My TB project has also began.....finally, and I am over the moon1

Had a King kong male and bred to variuos CBS and CRS females and have probably around 200 f1 mischlings.

I have bred him back to two cbs females and got 6 TB's from one batch and 9 from the other

Most are King Kongs and pandas and the 2 Blue bolts

some pics of the new gems :)

IMG_6821_zps88vyhwrw.jpg

IMG_6926_zpsa3vfhxro.jpg

IMG_6930_zpsmofy3apf.jpg

IMG_6917_zpsjgpcpaic.jpg

IMG_6918_zpsthq0mm4l.jpg

IMG_6934_zps9ixjxkbi.jpg

IMG_6929_zpsmcfc3zon.jpg

My King Kong male.....the stud

IMG_6925_zpsa7pkhcs4.jpg

Haha, thanks guys! :)

I am really excited about the TB project as we don't really get any TB's in South Africa, so this is a great opportunity to expand the hobby in SA.

The most exciting part will be to see what pops out with the mischlings, as it's like a lucky packet.

I will update on this venture when ever I can

• 2 months later...