First tank setup! Suggestions please!!

I just set up my first shrimp dedicated tank it's a 20 gallon long tank and am currently waiting for it to cycle.  I'm using a Fluval active substrate with a corner hmf filter from Swiss Tropicals.  I've got a Petri dish for feeding, drift wood floating on top that I'm still waiting to sink, mineral rocks, an array of plants from my LFS, aswell as Java moss and water spangles (salvina minima) still on the way, I've got Indian almond leaves and finally the cholla wood.  

I'm curious if there is anything else I'll need or anything else that you guys would suggest to make sure I have the best chances for success with this new tank! 

image.jpeg

As a newcomer myself, I have learned the hard way that a TDS meter is good to have.  I had well established tanks with good parameters checked out with test strips.  But still lost my shrimp as it seems the only thing I couldn't check out was the amount of solids in my tanks. 

Looks great! I second Oem regarding the TDS meter. What shrimp are you planning to add?

• 2 months later...