Project Tibee - Revealed

Hi all,

Last November, I started a secret project that in search of methods to breed Pinto and new variant of caridina. I named this initiative as "Project Tibee".

It has been more than 6 months now and finally, this project has obtained some results and I would like to share with everyone. You can access this article from my blog (it is hard to copy and paste the content into the forum with proper format): http://www.shrimpydaddy.com/2014/06/project-tibee-revealed.html

Enjoy. ^^

Hi Hyoushoku,

Nicely done. Hope to see your F4 soon.

Read your article helping me clear up some unclear thinking that i had.

In term of creating F!,F2,F3 and on.....

Do you let all F(1/2/3) breed it back together ? Any special tips ?

Thanks

Do you let all F(1/2/3) breed it back together ? <---- Yes. You need to do back and forth to strengthen and equalise certain gene. The only variant I don't breed back is the F0 Blue Diamond.

Any special tips ? <--- Don't worry too much and let nature takes it's course. You probably wants to do selective breeding only when they are already producing the pattern you want. You just concentrate those genes. However, you may want to breed back with the F1 or F2 to diverse the gene a bit.

Since this is project tank to seek possibility of new variants, I will not be performing intense selective breeding. I will let them breed as much with any generation as possible.

For the F? thing, there are two camps of saying:

1. First camp: F1 x F1 = F2 and F3 x F2 = F1

2. Second Camp: F1 x F1 = F2 and F3 x F2 = F4

I myself also confuse which is the correct one. It is just technical terminology, thus as long as my shrimps are happy, I never care too much about it. :D 

For the F? thing, there are two camps of saying:

1. First camp: F1 x F1 = F2 and F3 x F2 = F1

2. Second Camp: F1 x F1 = F2 and F3 x F2 = F4

I, myself, going with the second camp. It is easy for my head. Only if i out breed them then it is become F1.

Very sweet!  Are you going to try and stabilize these colors or just let them breed together and see what crazy combos you can end up with?

Very sweet!  Are you going to try and stabilize these colors or just let them breed together and see what crazy combos you can end up with?

Thanks. I may do both. However in order to do selective breeding,  I will have to free up more tanks. Therefore for now, I will let the nature do it's work.

Hi all,

My F3 Tibee shrimps have grown a fair bit, thus the color and pattern are getting more obvious. They are more active in open area and I managed to capture some pictures of them.

You can find the pictures in my blog at: http://www.shrimpydaddy.com/2014/06/project-tibee-update.html

Cheers.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...