TB BB, Shadows - this blue color come from?

seic

hello, i have first Shadow juvenile and i have some question about it in my mind. This blue color is what?!

- secondary surface colour of TB? black, red, white is primary-dominant

- is it subsurface color of TB's body, which sometimes go to surface into primary colors?

- is it only tint of white colour of TB? some failure of genetics of white TB color?

thank you very much for all answers/ideas... :-)

aWP_20160925_08_31_58_Pro.jpg

xWP_20160913_08_09_32_Pro.jpg

This is my opinion and guess. As I have noticed with my Blue Bolts and Wine Red colonies they both throw from time to time "Snow White" look-a-likes with a tint of blue or red/orange. My guess is that Blue Bolts and Red Bolts really are derived from a Snow White morph, the coloration/tint of the shell, then developed from there.

So to understand where the blue came from, one has to hear the story about how BB were developed.

*This is the story I've heard from breeders awhile back. 

Gather 'round the campfire, kids. :bbq:

When the original mutation of TB panda occurred from CBS, there was not too many of them as you could have guessed.  The solid coloration made them an instant interest though.  To increase odds of more TB, they were bred to CBS, then back bred.  Low and behold- more popped up. 

Remember, this was back in the day when people were breeding CBS to snows to increase grade.  So, the idea came to try breeding a TB to a snow to see what would happen.  A male snow was bred to a black female TB, then a F1 male was back bred to the black female TB.  One of the results that was thrown was a Blue Bolt.

Now, given that a regular snow sometimes shows expression of some blue or red in the cheek area, the unanswered questions are:

Is the blue from snow allowed to spread across the body because of the TB mutation?

Or does the blue come from TB, and the snow allow the expression?

*Now there is a theory that TB may really a TiB.

• 7 months later...

Well I am about to cross RBTigers with Golden and Snow Bees so I will let you know how the generations develop ?

• 2 months later...

I cannot help much because my Golden Bees had Snows and Mischlings possibly? I received a washed out white bodied shrimp in there with a mosura crown, one with a Red crown and one with a black crown. 

I put about 10 RBT in there and have tons of babies. Now I am seeing some red heads and some black heads and some with blackish vertical stripes. 

The babies are looking cool but I don't know who fathered what? I even have a few with the light blue similar to Blue Bolts. It is neat but sucks at the same time because my breeding plan went right out the window ?