Clear Bands Between Carapace and Tail Segments?

Euryth

I was checking my tanks today and noticed that a few of my adult shrimp in my 5g have a clear band between their carapace and tail segments. I haven't been able to find very much on google, but I'm assuming I just may not know what terms or keywords to search for. Has anyone seen these, and are they indicative of molting issues or some fatal sign? They're all eating very well, are very active and colors look very good. I haven't had any shrimp deaths up until this point, but I'm going to be gradually raising my GH from 4 or 5 (can't remember correctly) to at least 8 over the next few weeks. 

I'll have to snatch a few pictures of them tomorrow if they haven't already molted by then, but it may have been one or two adult BB mischlinge! Oh, and also some of my new female Golden Back Yellow Neos have it as well. It looked like a 1-2 mm gap where the shell is completely clear. I don't think I'm as concerned with these girls since the GH in their 2.5g tank is 5-6.

Ah, if they're crossed with CRS/CBS it can result in a degradation of pattern and clear segments. At least half of my BB/shadow panda mischlinge showing CRS/CBS pattern have some transparent bands or spots.

13 hours ago, Soothing Shrimp said:

Molting is a possibility, also.

Too much protein can cause them to grow faster than their shell as well.

I believe that this may likely be the answer as I'm now noticing the same thing in both tanks. I believe that I'm feeding the Hikari Crab Bites too often with it's 31% protein. How often should I feed a 5g tank with 35-40 shrimp? A 2.5g with 17 shrimp? They clear any food given to them within 4-8 hours. I feed one whole pellet or a small chunk of my other food.