HMF FOAM

I like the clean look they provide & once sponge is established you will find young shrimp picking on it all the time.

Here's a setup I recently started working on and love it so far.

fgdfg.jpg

Do you have a thread for this? I'm interested until he horizontal (vs stacked) layout and was wondering how many you had going across and what rack is that? It looks like maybe you could fit 4?

Mr. F, did you end up finding a 3/4" 90* sweeping elbow? I can't find one myself 

I haven't actually picked up the materials but from what I saw at Home Depot there are two basic shapes, one that's got a change in curvature along the back (sharper) and a smoother (sweeping) version, so I would go with the latter. Try looking for "long turn" elbows.

In plumbing a "street" 45 degree and a regular 45 degree elbow will get you what you need for a sweeping 90 degree elbow.  We used them to give a better flow in drain lines as well as in supply lines.

• 2 months later...
Be careful buying random foam. If you get unlucky an buying foam that has flame retardant on it you can kiss your shrimps goodbye. The bad thing is you wont know till all the shrimp start dropping dead like flies. 

Personally if you're doing 10g tanks then Flipaquatics is a safe bet (an cheap) for the foam since he gets the one specifically made for aquatic use.

As far as the jetlift tubes I tested the traditional airstone version, several DIY versions from youtube, an the $7.00 – Jetlifter[emoji769] small 4.4″ from swisstropics. Hands down I would recommend the small jetlift tubes from Swisstropics.

It first seems like you save money by doing the DIY tubes, but honestly in the end after buying all the PVC+ Airstones it came out to the same. The swisstropics pump out 10x better then any other I tried and were far more quite then the DIY ones with airstones. The jetlift tubes are honestly what make or break the quality of filtration a HMF filter can provide so it's honestly worth buying top quality jetlift tubes.

https://vimeo.com/196992691

Mine DIY does amazing!