Tibee pheno from mischling?

I was just looking in my misch/carbon tank, and I noticed a shrimplet I had seen before had grown. I originally thought it was a poorly patterned carbon (glad I didn't cull it!) and now it is clearly a caridina. I'm not sure, but it looks to have a tibee pattern, but I don't see how this is possible, as the mischlinge are shadow bkk misch and I haven't put anything in the tank that could have stragglers on it for a looooong time... Is there anyway this could be? Or is it just a strangely patterned CBS pheno? Sorry for the poor photo, it's a teeny shrimp still.

ac0e3ca367e67506be826a8223c6dda6.jpg

9 minutes ago, Mr. F said:

I was just looking in my misch/carbon tank, and I noticed a shrimplet I had seen before had grown. I originally thought it was a poorly patterned carbon (glad I didn't cull it!) and now it is clearly a caridina. I'm not sure, but it looks to have a tibee pattern, but I don't see how this is possible, as the mischlinge are shadow bkk misch and I haven't put anything in the tank that could have stragglers on it for a looooong time... Is there anyway this could be? Or is it just a strangely patterned CBS pheno? Sorry for the poor photo, it's a teeny shrimp still.

ac0e3ca367e67506be826a8223c6dda6.jpg

Genetics bores me to death so I cant answer your questions but I get those with my black misch's and I get a red version with red misch's.

Genetics bores me to death so I cant answer your questions but I get those with my black misch's and I get a red version with red misch's.

Genetics aside, it looks like tibee, right?

wow looks rlly cool I wonder what you'd label it as..

This may have very little relevance, but that shrimp looks phenotypically like some Aura Blue/Snow White shrimp I've seen for sale on aquabid. Definitely interesting, and would like to hear what you're able to discover as to how it came about. Maybe waiting until it's mature and breed it to see what comes out?

This may have very little relevance, but that shrimp looks phenotypically like some Aura Blue/Snow White shrimp I've seen for sale on aquabid. Definitely interesting, and would like to hear what you're able to discover as to how it came about. Maybe waiting until it's mature and breed it to see what comes out?

Interesting. Good idea. A test cross is definitely going in the plans.
There is a theory that TB is really from TiBs...

That's what I was thinking of! Thanks for the clarification, Bryce!

3 hours ago, Soothing Shrimp said:

There is a theory that TB is really from TiBs...

They would have to be pseudo tibee, no? Because it would have to have come from Crystal X Tiger.

TiB = crystal x tiger

Pseudo TiB = crystal x serrata

[emoji4]

Whoa. Mind blown. I always thought tibee was TB x any kind of tiger (including serrata) and pseudo tibee was crystal x tiger.

That is definitely a Tibee or Taitibee. Sometimes it takes a few generation for certain patterns/phenotypes to arise. That is why it takes so long to create Pintos from scratch. At some point a tiger was crossed with one of your mischling. 

My PRL x Red Tiger cross looks similar to that. Like others have said, looks like Tibee to me.

IMG_0931.JPG

At some point a tiger was crossed with one of your mischling. 

It had to have been berries in the genetics then. These are F1s and I'm positive I never put any tiger genes into that tank.

My PRL x Red Tiger cross looks similar to that. Like others have said, looks like Tibee to me.
> <a  href=http://www.shrimpspot.com/uploads/monthly_2016_10/IMG_0931.thumb.JPG.6aabcc145907c08d02e99622060d3b99.JPG' alt='IMG_0931.thumb.JPG.6aabcc145907c08d02e99622060d3b99.JPG'>

Yes, that looks really similar! What a trip!

• 1 month later...