3rd Generation BB Mischlings?

Almost two weeks ago I purchased 15 BB Mischlings from Dreamer_yoyo on aquabid and they have been thriving in my 5g mixed shrimp tank. This tank has a few Christmas moss balls and two types of Java Ferns present in the tank, with some simple black petco sand mixed with Seachem Fluorite gravel. I also use SS GH+ (for 8 dGH) in 1G Purified Water jugs (TDS 0, pH 6 or less) for water changes. When asked, yoyo told me that these mischlings are third generation, coming from both BB Male x BB Female or BB Male x Snow White Bee female. With this knowledge, what would be my expected yield or percentage of actual BB phenotypes from their breeding? 

For now, I'd like to work on breeding more BB that can also exist in Neo parameters. Eventually, I'd like to aim for Blue Mosura or Shadow Panda's if possible, but that would obviously be further down the line. If anyone wants to provide any advice on the best way to do that (so I could refer to it here), I'd greatly appreciate it! Obviously, I'm not opposed to buying those types and mixing them in, but would want to know what to expect first.

Nothing guys???

Euryth, I think nobody has answered because it is an unknown. There is no definitive answer or formula to tell you what your offspring will be. Even if one individual shared that half of the offspring were BB or mischling, it still does not guarantee the same outcome for you. So many variables that play into this outcome it is nearly impossible, especially guessing with mischlings. 

My best advice would be to ask the breeder, dreamer_yoyo what his opinion is on this topic, and what his experience has been thus far with them.

17 minutes ago, DETAquarium said:

Euryth, I think nobody has answered because it is an unknown. There is no definitive answer or formula to tell you what your offspring will be. Even if one individual shared that half of the offspring were BB or mischling, it still does not guarantee the same outcome for you. So many variables that play into this outcome it is nearly impossible, especially guessing with mischlings. 

My best advice would be to ask the breeder, dreamer_yoyo what his opinion is on this topic, and what his experience has been thus far with them.

Thanks DETAquarium for the response & explanation! I thought to ask because when I asked the seller, I was given their lineage history but didn't know if it would be sufficient enough to guess from. I've never kept mischlings before so I was hoping for a bit of guidance, is all.

It sounds like the sure thing for me to do is to simply wait & see what sort of offspring come from their breeding and move forward from there?

Agreed with DET. However, if you do infact have more TB genetics than SW/crystal genetics, as you indicated, it will increase the likelihood of BB. IMO/IME, you should definitely see some in F1.

On 10/5/2016 at 9:38 PM, Mr. F said:

Agreed with DET. However, if you do infact have more TB genetics than SW/crystal genetics, as you indicated, it will increase the likelihood of BB. IMO/IME, you should definitely see some in F1.

Thanks Mr. F! That's definitely reassuring then. I think I may buy some high grade BB or something to throw into the gene pool too. I have some young OEBT that are royal blue, but doubt they'd mature fast enough to mix into the gene pool so I should have majority BB & more mischlings I'd expect.

If you are going to buy high quality BB, I would keep them in their own tank. No reason to mix them with mischling, your yield of BB would be much higher if you start with just high quality BB. Not to mention, you will be spending multiple generations culling out mischling until you get to a point where you breed only TB shrimp. Personally, with the current price of TB shrimp, I don't see the point in messing with mischling anymore.

Also, mixing in tigers would result in Tibee shrimp, it will not bring you closer to your end goal of high quality BB, Shadows or Blue Mosura.

1 hour ago, r45t4m4n said:

If you are going to buy high quality BB, I would keep them in their own tank. No reason to mix them with mischling, your yield of BB would be much higher if you start with just high quality BB. Not to mention, you will be spending multiple generations culling out mischling until you get to a point where you breed only TB shrimp. Personally, with the current price of TB shrimp, I don't see the point in messing with mischling anymore.

Also, mixing in tigers would result in Tibee shrimp, it will not bring you closer to your end goal of high quality BB, Shadows or Blue Mosura.

I really appreciate the advice! My reasoning for buying BB mischlings was that they'd be more tolerant than BB and most BB I could find for purchase thru various sellers or dealers had their stock accustomed to a pH of 6. I keep them with Neos and don't have tank space to dedicate to them solely at the moment, so I figured mischlings were my best bet. 

Since they're stable, ik for sure at some point I'll get BB from their breeding, but didn't want to chance $50-90+ on a handful of high end BB that may die out before getting established as my first purchase. I'm willing to gamble now lol, plus I want to make my own lines to get down the basics of selective shrimp breeding, otherwise I'd just buy some Mosura or Shadow Pandas now ?