AcSeann's Shrimp Tanks

LiveLee Aquatics

Hi ShrimpSpot

After a lot of trial and error with my original 20g tank, I decided to start fresh with a rack just for shrimp. These 3 10g tanks will hold Neos.  The 20g has my original batch of PFRs with Neon Tetras and a lonely CPD a friend gave to me.  I'm deciding to make my 11.4g display tank a cull shrimp & endler fish tank. 

I will be updating the first post with the most recent pictures of the tanks.

Edited Date:  Dec 16, 2016

------------------------Rack------------------------

L-> Left // M-> Middle // R-> Right

----Parameters----
Ammonia: L: 0, M: 0, R: 0
Nitrite: L: 0, M: 0, R: 0
Nitrate: L: 40, M: 40, R: 20-40 
GH: L: N/A Yet  M: N/A Yet R: N/A
KH: L: N/A Yet M: N/A Yet R: N/A
TDS: L:256 ^ M:237 v R:250 ^

----Specs/Equipment----
Tank:
3 x Standard 10g Tanks

Light:
Beamswork EA Timer FSpec .5W 36" 

Filter/Pump:
HMF - Foam and 3/4" PVC 

Alita AL-6SA

Substrate:
Black Diamond Blasting Sand with Montmorillonite Clay powder 

Shrimp:
R: Painted Fire Red Neocaridina 
M: Blue Dream Neocaridina, Crystal Red Shrimp

L: Tangerine Tigers, Orange Neocaridina, Snowball

Snail:
Red Ramshorns

Malaysian Trumpet Snails

Plants:
Mini Christmas Moss 
Subwassertang

Mini Pellia

Hardscape:
Cholla Wood with Java or Mini Christmas Moss

Other Items:

Indian Almond Leaves
Guava Leaves
Mulberry Leaves, Apple Leaves

Alder Cones
Electronic Temperature Probe

Alita AL-6SA

Mineral Balls

------------------------20 Gallon------------------------

----Parameters----
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: XX
GH: 9
KH: 13
TDS: 457 ^

----Specs/Equipment----
Tank:
20g Long 

Light:
Finnex Planted+ 24/7

Filter/Pump:

AquaClear 50

SunSun HW-302
Sponge Filter 
Alita AL-6SA

Substrate:
40lbs Eco Complete

Fish:

Flame Tail Endlers

Shrimp:

Amano Shrimp

Snail:
Netires

Malaysian Trumpet Snails

Assassin 

Plants:
Jungle Val

Corkscrew Val
Water Wisteria
Anubias Nana
Anubias Nana Petite
Anubias Coffeefolia
Pygmy Chain Sword
Java Fern
Java Moss
Crypt (don't know type)
Hygrophila Polysperma

2 other stem plants cant ID

Hardscape:

Other Items:

Indian Almond Leaves

Alder Cones

Mineral Balls

------------------------11.4 Gallon------------------------

----Parameters----
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 20-40
GH: N/A Yet
KH: N/A Yet
TDS: 325 ^

----Specs/Equipment----
Tank:
11.4g Mr. Aqua 

Light:
Current USA Satellite LED Plus

Filter/Pump:

Eheim 2213 w/ Lily Pipes

Substrate:
Black Diamond Blasting Sand with Montmorillonite Clay powder

Fish:

Tiger Endlers (Hybrids)

Shrimp:

Cull Shrimp

Snail:

Malaysian Trumpet Snails

Red Ramshorns

Plants:
Anubias Nana Petite
Anubias Barteri
Bolbitis heudelotii
Crypt (don't know type)
Subwassertang

Hardscape:

Seiryu Stones

Other Items:

Indian Almond Leaves

Alder Cones

Mineral Balls

Food Regimine (Shrimps): 

[Friday]: ShrimpNature BabyBio, Bacter AE, Nettle Powder, Horsetail Powder, Ken's Spirulina, or PremiumSticks w/ Veggies  

[Saturday or Sunday]: small dose Lowkeys DoubleSpeed & small portion Organic, Pumpkin, 12Herbs, Spinach Tab, AC SnowStorm, Ken's Spirulina, or PremiumSticks w/ Veggies 

L:  [Monday]: Natural Harvest the Earth or ShrimpNature Red  [Tuesday]: None  [Wednesday]: ShrimpNature Red  [Thursday]: None 

M:  [Monday]: AquaticArts, Lowkeys SecretFood, Quatro2 [Tuesday]: None  [Wednesday]: AquaticArts or Quatro2  [Thursday]: None  

R:  [Monday]: Natural Harvest the Earth or ShrimpNature Red  [Tuesday]: None  [Wednesday]: ShrimpNature Red  [Thursday]: None  

Food Regimine (Endlers): 

20G:  [Everyday]: Fish Flakes x 3   [Tuesday & Friday]: New Life Spectrum Small Starter Fry Food

11.4G:  [Everyday]: Fish Flakes x 3 

SOLVED: Looking for suggestions as to what color neo to breed for my last 10g or to use it as a cull tank. Original thought was to just have the culls in the 20g and bring the PRFs from the 20g into the 10g for breeding.  Also looking for suggestions as to what I should keep in the 11.4g display tank. Thanks! 

Just bought blue dreams from LFS for $2 :) it was in Westminster at 405 tropical fish store. I go every Tuesday I'll let you know if they have more or just got some if u want 

Also why not do a cull tank and add some chocolate A++ :-) they throw are great for freshening up genes and throwing awesome shrimp out.

or Bloody Mary 

5 hours ago, ohmiko said:

Just bought blue dreams from LFS for $2 :) it was in Westminster at 405 tropical fish store. I go every Tuesday I'll let you know if they have more or just got some if u want 

Oh! I went to 405 a lot for the PFRs there, but a lot of them kept dying on me when I drip acclimated them... :( How are they holding up for you? Were there still any left when you finished your purchases? :P Were they nice looking ones or more of the cull grades?

5 hours ago, ohmiko said:

Also why not do a cull tank and add some chocolate A++ :-) they throw are great for freshening up genes and throwing awesome shrimp out.

or Bloody Mary 

I think they had some at 405 when I last went and they were called "black shrimp"? Good idea though, i'll keep that in mind. Maybe i'll do that for the Display tank to show all the random colors of shrimps

6 minutes ago, AcSeann said:

Oh! I went to 405 a lot for the PFRs there, but a lot of them kept dying on me when I drip acclimated them... :( How are they holding up for you? Were there still any left when you finished your purchases? :P Were they nice looking ones or more of the cull grades?

I think they had some at 405 when I last went and they were called "black shrimp"? Good idea though, i'll keep that in mind. Maybe i'll do that for the Display tank to show all the random colors of shrimps

Aw how unfortunate :( The day to go is Tuesday! Any other day is risking it because of their high TDS  so its better to buy them as soon as they just put them in the tank. The blue dreams, I looked and recognized immediately. So thats how blue they are :) They had both nice blue colors and also carbon rili blue which some consider culls for the black.  and there were lighter ones too which I got because it was berried. Overrall for the price, it's a steal. They're all still alive for me. I'm not in the clear yet but I see two of them walkin around the plants. And I saw the black shrimp too. Some of them are black rose, some are clear culls with brown racing stripes. If you want solid chocolate, Shrimprobot is my friend and she sells them on aquabid or her website. They're solid colors and reaaaaally great.  She also sells amazing dark blue dreams for like 3.50 

Do not get any shrimp from tongs. They're sooooo weak. Something is weird with their water. Every shrimp i got there died within a day in the tank or during the acclimation :/// and no refund/exchange nothing 405 exchanges sometimes depending on the circumstance but tongs was like. No sorry.

Darn really? I know they bring in new shipment every Monday, so I did try coming in Tuesday to be picky with them haha. Same problem happened twice... So I decided to redo most of my tanks with back to basics. Hoping to try out again soon though. Hmm, maybe they'll still have some available next time I go by there. It all depends if I can get a ride.  Yeah I also don't shop at Tong's simply because they're super pricey and have heard many deaths from them.  I did make a marketplace post though so maybe she'll see it :) 

Oh shrimp robot shes not on here but if u want i can text and ask if she has blue dreams available :) And dont waste your gas/resources! I'll check for you and let u know since I live  next to there anyways! I didnt know shipment came monday I thought it was tuesday LOL I guess i gotta change the days i go. And I hate Tongs tax :/ But yeah let me know if u want me to ask about blue dreams and chocolates(if u are still deciding)

18 hours ago, AcSeann said:

Yeah! That'd be great haha :) Let me know what she says haha. Thanks for the look out! I live in Irvine and driving that direction when im off class/work is a pain with all that traffic :P

She's got about 20 blue dreams right now and will get more from her warehouse later. She's selling 10 for $45 and shipping 13 (shes LA based so you could always ask to pick up if u want to save on shipping) and chocolate is here http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwinverts&1476057485 

oh but thegardenofeder is selling chocolates for 40 shipped right now :) !

Got around to ordering 10 PFRs and 10 Blue Dreams! Shipment comes in Thursday and Friday. Can't wait!  Also moved nice PFRs from the 20g into the R tank so that they can strengthen their bloodline.  Started making a food regimen with what food I have for each tank with Jose from Aquarium Creation. Bought their AC SnowStorm too!

Shrimps who survived the devastation from almost a year ago. Ladies are puckering up, hoping the guys know how to work their stuff :P 
Bulking up while waiting for new friends to strengthen their bloodline even more.

IMG_20161012_120835.jpg

My shrimps came in on Thursday a little before coming back from school!
Couldn't really get good pictures, but they are alive and well :) They're looking really pale from stress, so I put the PFRs in the left tank to wait and see if they color up well enough to mix with my current PFRs. Put the Blue Dreams in the middle. They're so cute!  I think I should really invest in a macro lens now. . .
That's the pleb setup I made on the fly to drip acclimate both shrimps. Dripped at 1drip/second. Tank to containers with shrimp to red bucket for access water at same drip rate. 

IMG_20161013_190129.jpg

IMG_20161013_190047.jpg

IMG_20161013_190201.jpg

Went to 405 Tropical Fish today and picked up 4 yellow snakeskin endlers for the 11.4g and also got 5 PFRs for that tank as well. Using it as a temporary quarantine. If they survive and do well, i'll bring them into my PFR breeding tank.  Traded a light and IAL for 2 OEBTs, 1 Chocolate, and 1 Blue Dream shrimp which were all added into the BD tank. They look really nice :) 

• 2 weeks later...

L: PFRs are starting to slowly color back up. They are still not as opaque as I'd like, but doing better. 
M: noticing the growth of the BD and seeing some color deeper more than others.
R: Babies are in the tank now! :)
14876046_10210686692954079_2097851392_o.jpg
11.4g: one endler juimped, 3 left. 4 PFRs died, 1 left.  Looking for different strains of endlers to keep in the tank. 
20g: BBA starting to grow on the highest leaves. trimmed and doing a blackout on the tank. 

• 4 weeks later...

Finally added Tangerine Tigers into my left tank! Red tank started to shoot out its next batch of babies.  Found Hydra in the BlueDream and Tangerine Tiger tanks though... possibly from the moss i got from someone local... used an airline tube to suck out what I found and then do a small waterchange to all 3 tanks. 

15126153_10210915779201092_1072305237_o.jpg

15102364_10210915778601077_1508116011_o.jpg15152518_10210915778841083_1594946718_o.jpg

As for the display tank and 20g, I have N-Class endlers from AdrianHD coming in! 2 strains: Flame Tails and a surprise strain. will let you guys know when it comes  

Also very happy to say that I got my 2 roommates to get into the fish hobby! 

• 2 weeks later...

PFR tank now has Hydra... caught them eating at my babies :( Trying to figure out how to deal with it as I currently siphon them out. Want to use No Planaria, but would need to figure out how to take all the snails out as well.  Will think about it more once winter break starts. 

Tangerine Tiger is berried! 
15311422_10211043019822028_845560746_o.jpg15271356_10211042962100585_540620529_o (1).jpg
New shipment of BDs came in from someone on Ebay, but looks like a lot of them are a mix of BDs, Chocolate, Carbon with rili genes. Finished acclimating them, but havent added them into my tank yet.  The seller surprisingly included 3 orange and 3 snowball shrimps in a separate bag, but in the same shipment box. 

15311395_10211042962060584_634493368_o (1).jpg15303970_10211033785631179_1256466082_o.jpg15302495_10211032427557228_756087023_o.jpg

Another shipment of PFRs are coming in next week. Hopefully they come out a lot nicer than the ones I got from the previous seller. . . 

UPDATE pt2:
Look who's preggers :) 15322410_10211043471633323_1066832105_o.jpg