Hurricane Matthew

shrimpybuisness

Hey guys havent been on here in a while, but I went through a phase of getting out of the hobby but just recently bought some blue dreams.

Any ways Hurricane Matthew is gonna hit, supposed to be direct, anything i can do to my tanks before the power goes out? We may have to evacuate.

Stay safe to anyone else experiencing the hurricane

Looks like rough going as of now.  Since there are only 6 houses on our street we are not a priority when a storm hits so we are prepared with a 12v deep cycle battery on a charger at all times.  Over the years we have bought lights,fans, and pumps that are 12v to use.  Oil lamps really make it nice when it gets dark at night.  The little solar sidewalk lights work in an emergency as well to get around the house. 

I see the run on stores every  time a natural disaster comes around and always wonder why people are not more prepared for these events that always are happening.  Oil lamps and a camp stove can all be bought second hand at flea markets/thrift shops.   A water filter, and extra canned goods are necessary as well.  All these things can be bought over time without a lot of expense and make life more bearable in an emergency. Please GET OUT if it is suggested.

Honestly the only think necessary would be an air pump (battery) to keep the water aerated and oxygenated. We were hit directly last hurricane, only category 1 when it hit, but I hope and pray the best outcome for you and all effected.

I bought a generator in preparation for the storm, luckily the storm took more of a northern track in past few hours so I got barely anything in Miami. Barely any rain or wind, we'll see what happens when it loops back around.