Ehiem for 10 gallon?

Just looking for some opinions on canisters.. For those Eheim Classic users, which canister would be best on my 10 g? 2211 or 2213? I've also heard of people using 2215s? It will be fully planted, high tech, and lightly stocked with fish nano fish and shrimp.

If 2213 doesn't cost much more I'd use that. The flow is strong but I've always just pointed the spray bar back against the glass in that case.

Perhaps an even better option is to drill more holes at a different angle to the existing ones so that flow goes up to agitate tank surface and oxygenate as well as in the water directly.

[emoji111] [emoji173]

Will

On 10/5/2016 at 7:33 PM, Shrimple minded said:

I'm guessing a 2211 would be sufficient for a tenner.......I feel like a 2213 might be a bit overkill.

On 10/5/2016 at 9:26 PM, Shrimp Home said:

2211 is suitable for 10g tank

On 10/6/2016 at 4:56 AM, DETAquarium said:

I used 2211 on all of my 10-11.4g shrimp tanks. Worked really well.

On 10/5/2016 at 11:08 PM, revolutionhope said:

If 2213 doesn't cost much more I'd use that. The flow is strong but I've always just pointed the spray bar back against the glass in that case.

Perhaps an even better option is to drill more holes at a different angle to the existing ones so that flow goes up to agitate tank surface and oxygenate as well as in the water directly.

emoji111.pngemoji173.png

Will

5 hours ago, Parahnoyd said:

I have a 2213 on my 10gal tank and it works great

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! Good to hear the 2211 works for the 10. I'm thinking the 2213 might be the way to go since this tank is primarily a planted tank and only a shrimp tank because I don't think I'll ever keep an aquarium without a few at least! lol. The strong flow is actually an attractive feature since its a small tank and I don't want to have a powerhead to distribute my CO2, but I'm still wondering if the 2211 can put out enough power to do the same... Maybe the 2213 with revolutionhope 's extra holes idea from above.

I think I am going to order a 2211 from BigAl's for <$70 while it's on sale. If it's too weak I will have to upgrade to the 2213 and slap the 2211 on a new shrimp tank. :D

I think  2211 is suitable, however, Aquaclear 20 is sufficient

Yeah, I know, looking for which eheim specifically. Thanks tho!

2211 may be the best nitrate filter,for the cost,amount of space and low gph.

i been running one almost 3 months.

it has this on the intake http://www.theshrimptank.com/hardware/stainless-steel-filter-guards/ that i never have cleaned.

runs 25-30 gph.

it does run 60 gph when new.

i have it right next to my tank,harder to prime if the tube is too long.

i use the pump on my small gravel vac,fits perfect.

no mouthful of water when not thirsty.:)

2211 may be the best nitrate filter,for the cost,amount of space and low gph.
i been running one almost 3 months.
it has this on the intake http://www.theshrimptank.com/hardware/stainless-steel-filter-guards/ that i never have cleaned.
runs 25-30 gph.
it does run 60 gph when new.

i have it right next to my tank,harder to prime if the tube is too long.
i use the pump on my small gravel vac,fits perfect.
no mouthful of water when not thirsty.[emoji4]

Excellent! I ordered one.

• 1 month later...

It's working wonderfully so far. It seems even with the 2211 there is a bit too much flow, but it can be controlled with the quick connect valves on the return, so it works out well.

6 minutes ago, chappy6107 said:

have you had to clean it yet?  I had the 2217 on a 55g.  It was really had to get the top off.  It was a great filter though.

Chappy, I'm unsure if this was the issue, but you can slightly open the quick-connect valve to vent some air into the canister to get the top off.  Close it back shut once you have it removed.

Yeah, the top will get stuck unless you release suction. I use the quick connect to release then take the top off.