Are they breeding?

seems to look like it :) Congrats. I saw it once for myself. they attach and the male pushes the female a few times, waits and jumps away

6 minutes ago, ohmiko said:

seems to look like it :) Congrats. I saw it once for myself. they attach and the male pushes the female a few times, waits and jumps away

Really?! ? But when they were in that position, they weren't moving at all except for the top guy, its swimmers were kinda like flapping, that's all. ?

they might have done it before you saw them :o 

They're also Opaes so they may have slightly different behavior.

I see! I thought all shrimps would roughly be the same [emoji15] I hope to have good news soon!

One question, if there were to be babies, how do I feed them? Since they are floating at the top of the water surface [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see! I thought all shrimps would roughly be the same [emoji15] I hope to have good news soon!

One question, if there were to be babies, how do I feed them? Since they are floating at the top of the water surface [emoji848]

I'm pretty sure most dwarf shrimps mate by the male attaching to the back of the female briefly, but the rest varies I'm sure.

I'm not sure with opae, but usually people use Green water/artemia for Amano larvae. Probably just something small enough for them to catch and eat!

Would seem like they would since most other animals do, right?

Actually dwarf shrimp mate belly to belly.  After the fem molts, the male has to insert a sperm packet under her.  The eggs then pass through the duct and through the packet before winding up under her swimmerettes.

Would seem like they would since most other animals do, right?

Actually dwarf shrimp mate belly to belly.  After the fem molts, the male has to insert a sperm packet under her.  The eggs then pass through the duct and through the packet before winding up under her swimmerettes.

Oh? So that wasn't a mating sign? Cuz they were not exactly belly to belly.

I'm pretty sure most dwarf shrimps mate by the male attaching to the back of the female briefly, but the rest varies I'm sure.

I'm not sure with opae, but usually people use Green water/artemia for Amano larvae. Probably just something small enough for them to catch and eat!

How long will the eggs take to show up on the female swimmerets? Then maybe after that time frame if I don't see anyone berried means it's a false alarm.

Oh okay! How about swirling some spirulina powder in the water for them? Will they be able to eat it? I can't imagine them being full from that little amount of powder [emoji848]

Provided opae are like tigers, cards, neos, malawa, etc- there is no courtship. Just wham, bam.

I guess I'll have to wait and see if they were actually mating [emoji848] I didn't think there would be such thing as courtship for shrimps!