WTB Caridina Malaya Shrimp

ohmiko

So I bought "colorless amanos" for $1 each but then they colored up solidly and that's when I knew they weren't amanos. Upon research, I learned it was Malaya shrimp. I had 9 but my sister killed 8 so I only have one lonely one :( So hopefully someone is selling some here because I cant find them anywhere. Even the store i bought them from had minimized their selection and dont have any!  Please PM me if you have some. This is what they looked like when I had a bunch. ( I have the darkest one and it likes to change colors like a chameleon from black, brown, orange, sometimes red, sometimes green )

14169575_1108287685930952_1059544982_n.jpg

14159856_1108287692597618_679486916_n.jpg

49 minutes ago, dazalea said:

Noooooo thats Sulawesi Malawa :( I'm looking for Caridina Sp. Malaya aka Malayan Shrimp. also known as Rainbow shrimp for its color changing

34 minutes ago, Shrimple minded said:

Doesn't Soothing keep/breed/sell Malawas?

I'm confused on Malawa vs Malaya.....the google machine spits out results for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes I believe he sells Malawa.

This is Sulawesi Malawa

IMG_3296malawashrimp.jpg

and this is Caridina Sp. Malaya malaya-shrimp-1.jpg

Malaya also grows big like an Amano but not as giant :) 

I stock them regularly, running a bit low atm but i usually get in hundreds at a time; but i am in Canada, so can't ship to you : (

3 minutes ago, jumpsmasher said:

I stock them regularly, running a bit low atm but i usually get in hundreds at a time; but i am in Canada, so can't ship to you : (

Wah!!!! what a bummer!! :(((( Great shrimp huh! one of my favorite overlooked shrimp

i discovered something neat about them too! They are great at eating Black Beard Algae but only if you have lots of them

Just now, jumpsmasher said:

i discovered something neat about them too! They are great at eating Black Beard Algae but only if you have lots of them

Fantastic!!! I didnt know that about them! :D I hope people get to know them as well as  amanos

i find they are great algae eaters in general, maybe second only to amano shrimps, although short nose / red nose shrimps might challenge them for that distinction as well.

Just now, jumpsmasher said:

i find they are great algae eaters in general, maybe second only to amano shrimps, although short nose / red nose shrimps might challenge them for that distinction as well.

But no one can compare to their chameleon color changing quality!! I also love that they breed w/ larvae that grow in freshwater and not brackish :D

But no one can compare to their chameleon color changing quality!! I also love that they breed w/ larvae that grow in freshwater and not brackish [emoji3]

Actually Sulawesi Mawala also show a good amount of color variation! Or "rainbow" neos (a chocolate variety), but I haven't seen those in a while.

1 hour ago, dazalea said:

I think my personal preference leans towards the MALAWA aka rainbow neos!

r they able to cross with neos :o

9 minutes ago, dazalea said:

I don't think so- I will have to find out!:geek:

let me know if they do and about the malaya :bow: my female malaya is eager to have friends/bfs 

1 minute ago, dazalea said:

I don't think so because its a caridina :) It will not cross breed.

oh hA HA Imean about buying them :)