Need help selecting what I should fill these two ten gallon aquariums with!

JuanSan

Hello community. I have caught the bug this past year for planted aquaria and am now suffering from MTS (oh what a problem to have!) I have two high tech planted aquariums that are doin beautifully and have amanos in both of those, but I recently built a 10 gallon moss tank and a 10 gallon bucephalandra tank that I want to stock with other shrimp. 

After doing my research, I was thinking of stocking one with neocaridinas such as green jades, goldenback yellows, or bloody marys, and the other with Pure Red Line Shrimp. What do you guys think? Here are my setups at this time. 

Tank 1 neo tank: 

Light: Planted Plus 24/7

Co2: Minimal supplementation

Substrate: Eco-Complete

Ferts: Low dose weekly supplementation

Temperature: 77

Feeding: A mixed variety of foods including:

GlasGarten Bacter AE dosed on days 3 and 7 post WC
CSF OmniaPro
ebi210!
Shirakura Ebi Dama
Snowflake food

I have samples of the following:
Bee Pollen
HAN Hokkaido Pumpkin Strips
Lowkeys Natural Harvest The Earth
LowKeys Secret Food
Boss Aquaria Shrimp Crack

WCs with normal tap water, normalized to the TDS of the tank to prevent TDS shock

Tank 2 PRL tank:

Light: Planted Plus 24/7

Co2: Minimal supplementation

Substrate: ADA ammazonia

Ferts: Low dose weekly supplementation

Temperature: 74

Feeding: A mixed variety of foods including:

GlasGarten Bacter AE dosed on days 3 and 7 post WC
CSF OmniaPro
ebi210!
Shirakura Ebi Dama
Snowflake food

I have samples of the following:
Bee Pollen
HAN Hokkaido Pumpkin Strips
Lowkeys Natural Harvest The Earth
LowKeys Secret Food
Boss Aquaria Shrimp Crack

WCs are done 2x20% weekly with RODI water that is remineralized with a GH booster that I have not purchased yet. Suggestions?

Am I missing anything? I have done a fair bit of research on this site and others, but i want to ensure that I am not missing anything. 

• 2 weeks later...

Everything looks great the way it is. To nitpick, you might be able to get away with 10% water changes once a week depending on how much your stocking. It would save you some time and mineralizers. For mineralizers I use salty shrimp as it is a dry powder and there is a lot so it lasts you quite a while, but some people are switching to liquid mineralizers for convenience. And a lot of shrimpers say almond leaves are great for shrimp, if you want to add that to your list of things to feed them. But honestly I'm just giving some extra ideas and from your set up it sounds great the way it is, good luck. 

On 11/7/2016 at 10:14 PM, Revaria said:

Everything looks great the way it is. To nitpick, you might be able to get away with 10% water changes once a week depending on how much your stocking. It would save you some time and mineralizers. For mineralizers I use salty shrimp as it is a dry powder and there is a lot so it lasts you quite a while, but some people are switching to liquid mineralizers for convenience. And a lot of shrimpers say almond leaves are great for shrimp, if you want to add that to your list of things to feed them. But honestly I'm just giving some extra ideas and from your set up it sounds great the way it is, good luck. 

Thank you! Ill definitely take the salty shrimp remineralizer into account and do my homework on it. Also I see what you mean on the 10% water changes. It would be super helpful! i also have cholla wood in the tanks at the moment so ill experiment with what the shrimp respond the most positively to and go from there. 

No probs, and also if you don't have a TDS meter I recommend it, just get like a cheap 10-20 dollar one. It makes dosing the mineralizers much easier and quicker. Mines saved me from extra shrimp deaths this weekend actually.