Super Red Santas x Galaxy Fish Bones?

Do you have a picture or background on a "Super Red Santa"? Never heard of this shrimp.

SCR got lots of names like Noel shrimp, Red Santa shrimp, etc

Ah! Ok. Makes more sense now. I am curious to think why you would want to mix any Galaxy fish bone at this point, unless you have a plethora. BUT out of curiosity you would probably get mischlings, to include Taitibees, and probably very few pintos, and even fewer galaxy fish bone patterns. In my opinion it would be like mixing CRS with your Galaxy Fish Bone Pintos, phenotype CRS and SCR are different but I think genotype they are relatively close, correct me if I'm wrong.

45 minutes ago, Soothing Shrimp said:

Deta is correct.  They are just selectively bred CRS

well not exactly.. I've have multiple talks with breeders like Nadal and few others and we believe at some point tigers were used to help develop SCRS. My colony of SCRS will produce a tibee looking shrimp. its rare but over the 6-8 months we had them we got 2-3 random mutt looking tibees.

Just now, DETAquarium said:

Ah! Ok. Makes more sense now. I am curious to think why you would want to mix any Galaxy fish bone at this point, unless you have a plethora. BUT out of curiosity you would probably get mischlings, to include Taitibees, and probably very few pintos, and even fewer galaxy fish bone patterns. In my opinion it would be like mixing CRS with your Galaxy Fish Bone Pintos, phenotype CRS and SCR are different but I think genotype they are relatively close, correct me if I'm wrong.

Aww thanks for the information. Yeah I probably don't want to mix Galaxy fish bones then huh. I just really like the look of both shrimps and don't have enough tanks to keep them separated. :P

Just now, Shrimpsicle said:

Aww thanks for the information. Yeah I probably don't want to mix Galaxy fish bones then huh. I just really like the look of both shrimps and don't have enough tanks to keep them separated. :P

I say go for it. who knows what you'll get.  people trying new crosses is how we got all these hybrids!

Just now, bostoneric said:

I say go for it. who knows what you'll get.  people trying new crosses is how we got all these hybrids!

I agree with this, as long as you have a large supply. Galaxy Pintos in general are very expensive and hate to see people disappointed with the outcomes if they have a particular goal in mind.

You Might actually revert the Galaxy line a Little and might get Mostly Mischlings out of the first batch, But down the road you might see something different and even create a new strain, If you do please share the results.

Man these names are getting so watered down these days it's hard to even keep track lol

Taylor's Aquatics - Rare Plants & Inverts
http://www.taylorsaquatics.com