Crystal shrimp going pale? Need advice

xxoczukxx

So ive tried googling it but i only find shit on when the white turns pale. On my crs and cbs their black and red goes pale as well and im not sure why.

Tank is a cycled 20long with ada amazonia using remineralized rodi water

Params are:

Amm: 0

No2: 0

No3: 5ppm

Tds: 160

Gh: 4-5

Kh: took one drop so 0-1?

Temp: hovers from 71-73

Id like to note my gh was around 6 and ive been slowly lowering it down to try to get it closer to 4 and also this tank seems to hate neos as most that i put in dont do too well and die quickly even with a long acclimation.

If anyone has any ideas why my crs and cbs are getting pale splotches id love to hear them

b68ba1fe086e4bdaeb8392a3c6ebc45b.jpg

You can see in the pics that the red has some clear spots showing up that werent there before

ab210fa33983c3282ce39a4cb91cbf5e.jpg

Harder to see here but part of the black is paler. When i got the shrimp their color was more solid and defined but now(a couple months later) their color has paled. I try to do weekly changes but sometimes miss a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think thats pretty normal. If you want to solidify their colors you can get color enhancing food like MK Black Diamond. a lot of CRS and CBS have a not so solid coloration. Usually PRL PBS have that reallllly strong opaque coloring but I think you can achieve it with their food and calcium for their shell 

I think thats pretty normal. If you want to solidify their colors you can get color enhancing food like MK Black Diamond. a lot of CRS and CBS have a not so solid coloration. Usually PRL PBS have that reallllly strong opaque coloring but I think you can achieve it with their food and calcium for their shell 

Hmm ok makes sense. Ive been feedng a variety of different foods like omnipro, hikari algae, spiral tablets, barley, and random food samples i have in. My shrimp dont take to harder food like ebi 210 or like blanched veggies much. Ill grab some black diamond when i get a chance. Any other foods youd recommend? Something for red shrimp as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the black diamond is recommended for like blue and black shrimp. someone told me their CRS ate it and the red started morphing color too Theres lots of MK breed foods :)

it may be the inconsistent change in your parameter or sometimes it is a freshly molted shrimp and it'll regain it back.  Sometimes it's genetics and how they actually look, some may be color enhanced until they molt or are on a different diet.