Mulberry and other fruit/berry leaves

Pneumonic

We have no leaves like that in Maine...  I've never seen it before.  Kinda looks like a tulip tree leaf, but it's more defined....  Try googling "trees in the state of Michigan" and see if it comes up.  It's really neat looking though...

We have no leaves like that in Maine...  I've never seen it before.  Kinda looks like a tulip tree leaf, but it's more defined....  Try googling "trees in the state of Michigan" and see if it comes up.  It's really neat looking though...

Yeah I went down that road. Couldn't find a thing :( my thought is maybe it's some sort of shrub/bush leaf?

1 hour ago, Shrimple minded said:

I'm gonna guess Norway Maple or Sugar Maple.

Uh uh.  No way.  Not a sugar maple.  Come rake my back yard!  LOL!    :hot:     Those look like this:

Image result for sugar maple leaf

But I googled Norway Maple leaves (because I've never seen one) and got several variations.   This one doesn't look like it, but closer:

Image result for norway maple leaf vs sugar maple

But this picture of a Norway Maple looks a lot more  like it:

Image result for norway maple leaf vs sugar maple

Still not quite it...  but a broader leaf.  There seem to be different varieties of Norway Maples and some of them look really different.  So maybe it's a variety of Norway....  Still just the weirdest looking leaf I've ever seen.....   :)

Uh uh.  No way.  Not a sugar maple.  Come rake my back yard!  LOL!    Kolobok_hot.gif     Those look like this:

sugarmapleleaf_sm.jpg

But I googled Norway Maple leaves (because I've never seen one) and got several variations.   This one doesn't look like it, but closer:

127309cb01e4fcdd65cb4311a3200eb7.jpg

But this picture of a Norway Maple looks a lot more  like it:
norwaymaplesap_mid.jpg

Still not quite it...  but a broader leaf.  There seem to be different varieties of Norway Maples and some of them look really different.  So maybe it's a variety of Norway....  Still just the weirdest looking leaf I've ever seen.....   [emoji4]

Yeah I didn't think it was a sugar maple or a Norway maple. But I took a ton more of them so I'll have to take some more pictures. I tried to stock up on leaves before winter.

If it came from a park I would contact the city/county park system to find out the type of tree it is.  It probably is not a native but some type of decorative import.  County or larger city park system would have an Arborist, smaller town/Township would not, and may not have the time to find out.

I have no idea, but we need to think about that.   Some things might be poisonous to them.  I think I'd stick with the list I found.  Other folks have tried them and they worked.  Maybe there's a broader list out there on the net that includes more species...

• 3 weeks later...

I got it I got it!  The whole "green" vs. "brown" leaf thing.  I went to the Shrimp Tank (a sponsor of this board and someone who obviously knows a thing or 2 about shrimp)  and she/he has a lot of leaves for sale on the site, and a lot of them are green.  Even the mulberry! (Dazalea)

http://www.theshrimptank.com/woods-leaves-natural-products/

So it probably doesn't matter weather they're green or brown when they're dried.  I don't think our shrimp will die..  LOL!

:D

Don't forget to add sweet gum leaves! I tested and it's fine :) takes a while to break down too. Anyone try kumquat or orange tree leaves? I might try it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk