RAOK Tons Of Moss!

Soothing Shrimp

Many of you know I'm exiting shrimping for a while.  While I've been emptying tanks, I've been putting all the moss into one tank.

I'm not done yet selling stuff, however I have a tenner full of mixed mosses that need to go bye bye.

So, I'm doing a RAOK of ten gallons worth of mixed moss from various tanks. I'm asking for the cost of whatever USPS shipping you decide on if you win. I can mail out Monday.

Now for the disclaimer. This moss may contain: random shrimp, random snails, nuclear weapons, hair or BBA, attached soil, submarines, floaters, sinkers, sidewaysers, yellow color, Amelia Earhart, unicorns, bigfoot's toe nails, and more...

To play, I humbly ask that you start a numbered list with your Shrimp Spot name and state why you like this forum.

I'll randomly generate the winning number Friday around 7pm.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

1. I joined this because I saw zodiac selling snowballs and they were so beautiful that's how I got hooked on shrimp. I love to check this page and the fb page and talk about shrimp all day because I feel knowledgable for once and I really feel like I understand a lot of stuff about shrimp :-) makes me feel included. And I made lots of friends too(I'm suing if I don't get an Amelia earhart) :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. I like this forum because I finally had found a place with great members that shared so much of their experience with freshwater keeping. I had been searching for a local forum with good knowledge especially when I was beginning with my shrimp keeping. Also, the members have worked so hard on such great shrimps to share with the rest of us shrimp Addicts! Yes I admit it, I am a shrimp addict and I don't think it is a disease!! Even though my wife thinks otherwise! :lol:

3. I like this forum because everyone I've met is really accepting of everyone. And after 4 years of being a planted tank owner and begging my wife to let me keep shrimp, she finally caved. So here I am today with my first community aquarium with shrimp and one gallon jar with shrimp :D 

4 - loverland

I like this forum because it helps me accidentally murder fewer shrimp.

5 - dealend

I just joined recently like 1 or 2 months ago,found this forum from other people.

I stayed in this forum most likely because there is a marketplace,love to see a good quality shrimp with decent price,especially soothing shrimp thread gone in a minute.

Like other said,this forum is fun ,no drama, simple, and all the member comes from different state some also from out of country. You gain more knowledge from these people. Iam new to shrimp hobby,and i have learned a lot from this forum and shared that knowledge to the other as well.

Have fun with Gecko soothing!!!! And keep this RAOK alive.

Ok Im done let me spot my shrimp now.

6, AcSeann. 

Starting my aquarium hobby at my college apartment was very risky and a lot different than what other peers would be doing. I didn't have a group of friends who I could talk to about the wonderful hobby, so I tried to look only for forums I could join and feel comfortable.  At first I joined SCAPEclub. It was introduced to me by a friend I later met. Although the page was full of information, some of the members on there were a little too blunt for my liking. As I started to get more into shrimps, I tried to look for other forums to join, and I just so happened to find ShrimpSpot.  It provided me so much information I did not know of or ways I could improve the things I've done with my tanks now. The people are so lively and always welcome to help and give back to the community. The forum itself is a lot brighter, and it gives a more inviting feel. I believe it was the community that kept me staying here. Knowing that I could talk to everyone about shrimp related topics without harsh/demeaning criticism is a great feeling as a beginning aquarist. 

I'm not gonna participate, but I just wanted to say how grateful I am to have found the accumulation of collective shrimping experience that's here. So much good advice and many tips that would take years of trial and error otherwise. Thanks TSS!

Im'a go with Mr. F on this one. I like this forum cause there is a wealth of information both current and in the past if you decide to dig, everyones very friendly, it puts me in contact with a lot of the top dealers and also allows me to find deals as well =P. I also like that I am able to give back and answer questions which allows me to notice how far I've come from when I first started accidentally annihilating whole tanks of shrimps to where I am now. Good luck to what your doing next Soothing. 

12. fishnchips808

I love this forum for many reasons! I always appreciate the help I receive when asking questions, whether or not they may be stupid ones. I've had the privelage of meeting really nice people from the forums as well! I also love browsing for other people's amazing shrimp! I aspire to breed my own line one day! So much inspiration and kindness to be found here!

16 xxoczukxx

Honestly i am on reddit too but for shrimp related things this forum is a lot better for looking for specific information and finding cool shrimp to buy

17 Tropical Aquarist
I joined a long time ago and was hoping to keep cherry shrimp (didn't update my profile until yesterday, lol) and have had shrimp for about a year now, and fish/aquariums for 8 years I started Rilis and blue Dreams, and now see I like shrimp more than fish and have more shrimp tanks than fish tanks (12/18)! I love the community here, awesome mix of experts and noobs, many friendly folks!

Thanks for offering this Soothing, I wish you all the best with the geckos!

18 ibebian

TSS strikes a nice balance of being active but small enough community to have an friendliness and intimacy that is lacking elsewhere. Not to mention I've met several folks from here in person with lots of serious knowledge! Hands down some of the best shrimping knowledge around.