SUBSTRATE QUESTION

I've used Mr. Aqua soil (the one with Star Wars font reading: "AQUARIUM SOIL") in a 20L high-tech planted and a 3 gallon bee/buce tank for about 11 months now. The 20 long has half soil, half sand, and pH chills around 6.2. The 3g has about 1.5-2.5" of soil, stays at 6.4 with GH 6 and TDS 150-170. It doesn't seem to be breaking down at all, it's rather crush-resistant. Easy to plant in, keeps pH down, etc. But I think the best part is that there is no ammonia spike. I actually emptied the 20L, added the soil, planted, refilled, and added fish back immediately, didn't lose any fish. For the 3g, I only had to let it cycle for 10 days with seeded media before I added shrimp. 

I've also used lots of ADA Amazonia, which is my top choice, but I want to try SL Aqua, as I've heard nothing but good things.

2 hours ago, Mr. F said:

I've used Mr. Aqua soil (the one with Star Wars font reading: "AQUARIUM SOIL") in a 20L high-tech planted and a 3 gallon bee/buce tank for about 11 months now. The 20 long has half soil, half sand, and pH chills around 6.2. The 3g has about 1.5-2.5" of soil, stays at 6.4 with GH 6 and TDS 150-170. It doesn't seem to be breaking down at all, it's rather crush-resistant. Easy to plant in, keeps pH down, etc. But I think the best part is that there is no ammonia spike. I actually emptied the 20L, added the soil, planted, refilled, and added fish back immediately, didn't lose any fish. For the 3g, I only had to let it cycle for 10 days with seeded media before I added shrimp. 

I've also used lots of ADA Amazonia, which is my top choice, but I want to try SL Aqua, as I've heard nothing but good things.

Thanks my good brother,