Help! What should I do with my scape?

Okay so here is the rock21468259307dd4b5b3a8564047ca4247.jpg

So with my black background I feel like it is pointless. I mean it will be great when all the flame moss and Java ferns grow out. Tomorrow I will be getting two 24" manzanita branches. What should I do? I was thinking of this:9b679c072170f3c78eac9ec2c99c578a.jpg

Pardon my terrible drawing skills. I'm thinking of dropping down the log and then having the two manzanita branches coming from the back corners. What do you guys think?

Nice!  Yea, I'm a fan of removing anything you aren't sure of in a tank.  How does the saying go?  "You have achieved perfection not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away."  Also, I'm pretty anti rock in a shrimp tank (except maybe slate) as they have a tendency to screw with the pH.  I like your Manzanita wood.  Are you running CO2? How old is this tank setup?

Nice!  Yea, I'm a fan of removing anything you aren't sure of in a tank.  How does the saying go?  "You have achieved perfection not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away."  Also, I'm pretty anti rock in a shrimp tank (except maybe slate) as they have a tendency to screw with the pH.  I like your Manzanita wood.  Are you running CO2? How old is this tank setup?

I redid the substrate (dirt with BDBS cap) in december and switched to filterless a week or two ago. This tank has been up and running in some form for... 4 years? My journal post has the rundown. No CO2. My shrimp are in my Jarrariums until I can breed out some more just in case 1)my flagfish and others pick off the first few I put in there 2) I feel like the new walstad set up is flourishing and the plants have grown in more and everything has stabilized

do many people use manzanita with bark in their scapes? 

I don't know actually! But I figure eventually the bark will come off and my fish and (eventual shrimp) will have a field day.