H2o parameters - CONFUSED!!!

TFC

OK.... long time fish keeper here, first shrimp tank. I know I am probably just over thinking everything. I really thought I understood but, now not so much.

So here is my Q: I decided to purchase RO water from my LFS. They informed me that they re-mineralize there. So after collecting all my plants and rocks, moss etc... I get home with my RO water and begin to test it. My TDS meter reads it at 600. My GH is at 8 but my KH is over 22 ppm. Ph is 6.4  .  Now, at the same time I have an aqua scape tank same size 10G, for this tank I purchased distilled water for the initial set up. Here my TDS meter reads at 144 GH is 6 and KH is 3. I am soooo confused. Answer me this... did they over re-mineralize the RO water. At first I thought maybe they gave me the wrong RO water (marine) but, they know me and know what I am doing. I'm certain he gave me the correct water. Can anyone help me understand this and, maybe I should just be using distilled water. IDK like I said this is first attempt at setting up a shrimp tank. 

600 ???? OMG way too high. They might have thought you were doing salt water shrimp. If you want to get into shrimp buy yourself a RO system approximately ($100-$150). If your somewhat handy its not too difficult to hook it up . Buy Salty shrimp GH+ which you will add to your RO when your doing water changes. You want your TDS to be 120-130 . Also you want to use a buffering substrate which will keep your Ph at 6.0 - 6.5

stick your finger in the "ro" water and taste it.  if it is not salty, it is not marine water.  

I think it is odd that they remineralize for you.  The main reason most of us buy ro water is so that we know what exactly is going into our water.  I would not use that water.  If you do decide to use it, dilute it with some distilled water from the store and make sure to check for ammonia.  I would find another source to buy ro water from.

Okay, Update...I went by my LFS and talked to them , they prepared the water for me and yes it's way to high.. evidently I should have talked to them about it being a shrimp tank. Generally they only do it if you request it. I had ask about it, I guess I wasn't very clear.. He replaced the water and I do have the shrimp salt I need. 

I feel stupid LOL... I didn't occur to me to double check with the LFS..  But, Thanks to all.... It's nice to have some feed back. so yeah its all good.... 

TFC