First Shrimp Tank

Mike16T

38 minutes ago, DA SHRIMP KID said:

OK .... lets get to work than enough of the chatting! Lets see the photos:geek:

Hahaha.. Just waiting for my friend to free up one of his shrimp tank. He wants to order 24k Yellow golden back with me. Still looking where to get some Tangerine tigers.. So far no one have a stock unless I post here.. You know what, I might do that... =P

Hey Mike, nice tank... I'm starting my first shrimp tank too.. mine has been set up for a week. How long did you cycle and how did you cycle? 

Thanks, TFC

Just give the tank time. The cycling  process usually takes six to eight weeks. After about eight weeks, your ammonia and Nitrite levels should be acceptable, and you can add shrimp. Do not add shrimp until the ammonia and Nitrite levels have both dropped to zero. 

sorry I have crypt flamingo too! cycling two tanks the first is for Neo shrimp and the second I'm cycling for Bee's.  The fist tank is still cloudy from driftwood.And my crypt is so small you can't tell what it is lol. On week 2. I have nerite snails in to help with bioload.

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

• 2 weeks later...