WTB High Grade Orange Sakura/pumpkin Neos

Mr. F

I have some sunkist.
20161209_194253.jpg.3a2b921dd1e2e582c201a375e5470bd2.jpg

What's the difference between Sunkist and other Orange neos? They are neos, right?

Sunkist is thrown around a lot since people dont know about the orange sunkist caridina. I didnt even know until recently. my LFS told me the orange neos were sunkist. 

I think Sunkist are more mixed with some being yellow, as seen in the picture above (on the far left) and a different grade (not necessarily a lower grade), compared to Sakura which are more bright orange, or pumpkin which are a dark orange...

Sunkist is just the name from the neos I got they are not yellow by any means. Sakura just means less transparency pumpkin is a nickname like blue jellys and no won should go by this name. 

Okay, definitely looking for Sakura orange! Thanks anyway grant! Let me know if you stumble upon some sakura orange neos!

I've culled any with clear bodies or heads.
20161124_124702.jpg.d6b758a8e7c5368791c13b7a4f71b018.jpg

They're gorgeous. Not sure if it's just the photo but I'm looking for something more like deep orange. Like this...

0005_2_orange_sakura.jpg

Good luck I had to buy shrimp from 6 different people just to get one of those in each bag.

Bummer. About six months ago I could get them for $3 each! Now I can't find them anywhere.

Bummer. About six months ago I could get them for $3 each! Now I can't find them anywhere.

Exactly! I've been looking for the real orange ones as well, only place I could find them was AquaticArts.com, but shipping is expensive...

I used to have oranges like that, but I discontinued breeding them last year (regrets!)

I recently got some new oranges but they are more like neon orange rather then sakura. To be honest after having both varieties the neon orange is super vibrant and nice. If you can't find a sakura type (which is very hard) then I don't think you will be disappointed with Neon/Regular Oranges. In my opinion, they are so underrated!

I used to have oranges like that, but I discontinued breeding them last year (regrets!)
I recently got some new oranges but they are more like neon orange rather then sakura. To be honest after having both varieties the neon orange is super vibrant and nice. If you can't find a sakura type (which is very hard) then I don't think you will be disappointed with Neon/Regular Oranges. In my opinion, they are so underrated!

True! Some of my first shrimp were orange, and they were a mix of Sakura and neons, and I was thinking it was the solid ones that were more brilliant but maybe it was the neons... The brighter the better honestly.
I'll dig back thru old photos and see if I can find some of the ones I'm thinking of...
99e1b74193412b590d98226b4370eef4.jpg
3f09ffcb498b55088a5bb00de779746a.jpg
4136f854dcf8fc009c9eb97987d05e76.jpg
99ef371ed6bafa8d1c9c965f1a2ce166.jpg
Then there was my mixed tank... I like the color on the larger females with the backlines near the front.
ce53178bedb8d12194a08ac5db723dfc.jpg

On 1/15/2017 at 8:39 AM, TheGardenofEder said:

Sunkist is just the name from the neos I got they are not yellow by any means. Sakura just means less transparency pumpkin is a nickname like blue jellys and no won should go by this name. 

They sure do look yellow to me  in the first couple photos the other photos do show more orange> Im guessing its the lighting

Here is a pic of a nice Orange Sakura female I had last year... So I know what you are looking for... and I don't blame you! lol 

orangesakurafemale.jpg.86f17029c2287c7995fd7f6a2fa713a1.jpg

Yep, beautiful!