ORANGE RILI PROJECT

I can't seem to find any Homebred Orange Rili Shrimp... So I am trying to make my own. :)

I found ONE Orange Rili shrimp (she was a tiny tag along shrimp in an order of Royal Blues I got) Anyways she is grown up and berried now by an Orange Shrimp. She has pretty good coverage on here head and tail. She berried up yesterday, pics of this project will be posted!

Here is a pic from a few days ago....

orangerili.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the input :) I know that they won't breed true but as long as they have orange and white I will be happy enough with them. I can selectively breed from thereto try to get some consistency but right now I will even be happy with ones that look like this - 

(video is not mine, it is from soshrimp)

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/31/2020 at 11:33 AM, efrojd said:

What would happen if you mix Blue Dream and Orange Rili? 

Guessing: both are different recessive traits, with likely polygenetic inheritance, more than one gene involved, should be odd combinations, depending on genetics of parent shrimps.

On 2/8/2017 at 1:28 PM, OMG Aquatics said:

The reason there are no homebred Orange Rilis as of now is because they don't breed true.

Advise, please: what average hobbyist could do with them, when orange (or other) rilis babies are not like their parents, just color dots and stripes instead of patches?