hello all

mypetrock

IMG_1135.jpgIm fairly new to shrimp keeping hobby, I started with 5 Sakura Fire Red Cherries I purchased off amazon for a community tank, tetras, snails, betta fish.  At one point I wasn't noticing anymore shrimp and counted them out as a loss, after a water change I noticed shrimp babies so I preserved them in a 6 g Fluval Spec.  I later purchased 10 RCS from LFS, which seemed a lower grade that Sakura but still had bright colors and close to same size.  Appx 2 months later I had berried shrimp!  Now I have them all in modified 12g Fluval Edge, I carefully removed the glass top and used the now "rimless" Edge with and LED over it, today I switched out HOB filter for a double sponge filter which I've read the fry love!  Its not much but I'll attach some pics.  thanks!

IMG_1133.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Looks like your on your way. Just think few months you will have 10 different varieties

Thanks! I'm excited, so far all of the offspring have been fairly bright red, when you say "10 varieties" what do you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes before you know it you will have the following -blue dreams, yellow shrimp, green shrimp , sakura shrimp, red crystal shrimp, black crystal shrimp, cardinal shrimp, blue velvet shrimp, orange shrimp, tiger shrimp, blue bolts, did I miss any fellows?

Yes before you know it you will have the following -blue dreams, yellow shrimp, green shrimp , sakura shrimp, red crystal shrimp, black crystal shrimp, cardinal shrimp, blue velvet shrimp, orange shrimp, tiger shrimp, blue bolts, did I miss any fellows?

Oh boy, well looks like I'm in the right place to get started with it all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk