Share your experience with ShrimpLab products?

ibebian

Han Aquatics is selling various ShrimpLab food. I got a sample of biofilm that had nice granule size and dispersed fairly well into the tank when dropped into filter outflow, compared to other powder foods that tend to stick at the surface. It seems to be working well since in a relatively new tank, I'm seeing pretty much all babies accounted for.

My main foods are BorneoWild Bebi and Shield, and various samples from others. It's always difficult to quantify any positive benefit, but curious to hear any experiences with ShrimpLab products (particularly bee pollen, baby, and biofilm). Thanks!

I use putty grow pad and algae granule with high success and an active response towards the foods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Growpad is soft and can be broken into smaller pieces which is nice :)

My shrimp go absolutely nuts for the putty.  I keep that on hand all the time.

Hm I haven't tried the sample I have yet. How do you feed this, do you reach into tank and get a smidgen onto some surface or coat it on something that you then place into tank?

I love the grow granules, the shrimp go absolutely nuts for them and I just drop some in, no crushing, and they do sink. Usually not fed alone since they tend to get hogged. The algae pads are a huge hit as well, i split them up into little pieces.

The putty is my favorite. I like to roll up several teeny balls of it and stick a few in the feeding dish and smash some smaller ones against the glass of the tank sometimes. It kinda melts and disperses through the water and makes a bit of a mess, but not too bad and it helps ensure my shrimplets are getting fed - although that's not a huge concern as I feed powders every day.

28 minutes ago, ibebian said:

Hm I haven't tried the sample I have yet. How do you feed this, do you reach into tank and get a smidgen onto some surface or coat it on something that you then place into tank?

I rolled it into a ball and just dropped the ball onto the substrate.  I read some people squish it on the glass and watch the shrimp all hang on it haha.

Glad to hear you all love it so much :)

It's all great stuff! :)

Putty is my favorite haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I have algae granules, baby food, biofilm, pollen, tonic, and mineral clay, spirulina, and snow flake. I like most of their products and have been using them for a long time. The package size is good and the tins keep the foods fresh. I also find them reasonably priced.

Algae granules - excellent size excellent food I use this as one of my main foods all shrimp love it and it sinks readily.

Baby food - good food and good grain size slightly bigger than a powder but spreads around tank easily. Only thing I would say is it is very close to the biofilm ingredients list is exactly the same only slightly different discriptions of each food.

Pollen - nice stuff nice size packet and granules disolves easily.

Tonic - I use this very sparingly it shrimplab version of immune booster similar to betaglucan shrimp seem to love it. It is a powder but disperses easily and does not stay on the surface too long.

Biofilm - good product nice grain size bigger than a powder and disperses around tank easily. Notice when using this shrimp do not eat as much other food/are slower to react to other foods. Seems to give nice grazing for shrimp.

Spirulina - nice pure spirulina powder what else is there to say about this product.

Snow flake - good quality breaks easily funny enough this is my shrimps least favourite food but my giant ramshorns absolutely love it.

Mineral clay - seems to take a large dose to affect tds and will slightly lower ph based on the measurements I have made using this. I dont really know how useful it is jury is still out. I compared it to crustamineral by dennerle it made tds shoot up with significant jumps in gh and kh where as the same amount of mineral clay affected gh/kh very little only real noticable effect was the lowering of ph.

I also use gh/kh remineraliser gives good stable results. The only problem with it are the instructions recommend remineralising to tds of 250 this gives a gh of 11 and kh 3-4. I find a tds of 150 gives gh of 7 and kh 2 every time, measured this across several different tubs.

All in all great products.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk