Cherry Shrimp Threw a Blue Shrimp?

I have been keeping a colony of Sakura/Fire Reds(?) for about a year. This has to be a couple generations in since I haven't added any new shrimp in a year. 

I had a blue baby that grew up to be almost completely blue with a slightly red rostrum. Mind you the rest of that batch of babies are red. 

Any explanations? Is this a mutation? 

This stuff happens. I have a tank full of blue velvet, and I just spotted the newest batch of babies. They are all entirely red. Every other batch so far has been blue.

No other shrimp are in my house @zodiac and no introductions were made of any sort during that time. 

@loverland did you end up moving out the red shrimp? Or kept them in the same tank? I'm not too sure what to do with the blue one so I just left it and let him run it's course and see what happens to this tank 

The red ones are tiny. Maybe 10 days old. They'll stay in this tank until they get up to a better (more catchable) size. They will be moved out well before they could start breeding. But, it's pretty crazy. The ENTIRE batch is solid red. There doesn't appear to be any blue on them, but of course, they are still small. But, there are no red shrimp in this tank. It's only been occupied for 2 months, and it's bare bones. I can see every shrimp in the tank. I don't know how two blue velvets produced 100% solid red shrimp. 

Shrimp genetics is fun. 

• 1 month later...