Question about remineralized water

Hi all, I've just gotten SS gh/kh and need some advice. Approximately how much should I use to mix in a gallon of distilled water for a tank with just neos? I also have Seachem alkaline buffer and Seachem acid buffer, should I add that as Well? My ph has been unstable with a kh of 0-1. I have two 3 gallon nano tanks with neos. The ph keeps dropping from around 7.1 to 6.6. I've been using ph up to try to slowly stabilize it, but it keeps dropping. I've been using Red Wizard to remineralized but just got SS gh/kh this week and will switch to that instead. I'm just not sure exactly how much to use. I have a 5 gallon water jug I can use, but I need to know how long can I keep it stored? I'd rather mix a 5 gallon jug instead of messing with 1 gallon jugs more often. Does it need an air stone? Thanks!

I have a 20 long and do 2.5 gallon WC of distilled water and add one full scope to get ph 7.5 gh 7-8 kh 4 tds 150-160  before I got SS gh/kh my perms where ph 8.2 gh 10 kh 8 tds 200  just add a little bit and test till you get what you need try 1/4 scope 1st. I would not add any buffers to this it works wonders before I used it I was having 2-3 dead a day and now not one has died

Awesome! I'll try that. Thanks!   I have a 20 g long, 10 g and 4 3-gallon nano tanks, so I was hoping to use the 5 gallon jug to mix it in. I was just wondering if I had to do anything else to store it if I don't use it all right away. 

FWIW, I store pure RO and remineralized water for months on end. When I am running low on remin, I just pour from pure RO into the remin bucket. I keep the covers on but not closed and sometimes with a small crack to allow more air exchange. No airstone, I just shake the buckets every once in a while. Have not had any problems, and given I don't run heaters in my tanks, my params are nearly an exact match in temp and gH/kH, and pretty close pH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk