Aaron's Aquatics - Video Journal

Byron

Another great video! Keep them coming. As I noted on your YouTube channel, it is common practice for sellers shipping shrimp to add a pinch of purigen to help combat nitrate fluctuation and other imbalances that could occur during shipping. Hopefully that is what you ran into when finding the "dropped eggs". 

Update 4/14/2017 - Dead Shrimp from CRS unboxing

• 100% DOA 
  • Already working with seller on reshipment (Been super friendly/helpful so far)
  • I'll post a follow up talking about what we'll be doing from here

I'm sorry. 

:(

I know it's disappointing to get an order DOA.  But once it leaves the sellers hands, it's up to the "USPS Gods" to get it there okay...  Somehow the package got stressed in transit, obviously, or the water wouldn't be warm...  These things do happen. 

But don't worry, Sam is a great guy (!!!!!) and he'll make it right for you!

:D

Like I told Aaron, it breaks my heart to see all of them arrive DOA after months of breeding them and growing them out,:( but like @TheGlassBox said once we hand it off to USPS, nothing we can do. 

I stand by my Live Arrival Guarantee, no matter WHAT happens, and I will do everything so my customers receive live and healthy shrimp, so I will be re-shipping as soon as I get my cold packs!

Sam

-Katz Aquatics-

Just now, TheGlassBox said:

Here here!  Dazalea!  Fecal Material happens... LOL

LOL OMG took me a second to understand that! heheheh

Sam packed the box properly. Maybe ask Sam to mark as Hold for PICKUP at po next time.. That may help 

Good to document all these things. People can see its not always perfection. Sometimes Fecal Matter happens (in the words of theglassbox)

On 4/15/2017 at 0:36 PM, dazalea said:

LOL OMG took me a second to understand that! heheheh

Sam packed the box properly. Maybe ask Sam to mark as Hold for PICKUP at po next time.. That may help 

Good to document all these things. People can see its not always perfection. Sometimes Fecal Matter happens (in the words of theglassbox)

We've talked about doing just that instead. I'm not sure at what point it was exposed to so much heat except perhaps sitting in the delivery truck all day. I'm going to assume it's not climate controlled outside the main cab?

3 hours ago, Byron said:

We've talked about doing just that instead. I'm not sure at what point it was exposed to so much heat except perhaps sitting in the delivery truck all day. I'm going to assume it's not climate controlled outside the main cab?

In my personal experience USPS is good about not leaving packages in heat prior to delivery. I've never had that happen so its rare and sorry to see it happen to you, but with live shipments these rare things happen despite a sellers efforts. Hope everything goes smoothly the second time around. Don't worry, things will be fine next time.

Up here in Mn they use minivans. Temp controlled but only when driving. Those things are all windows with no tint. (I drive a passenger van for work with no tint on the windows and it gets hot inside after a bit on a less than 60 degree day.) Usps guy/gal parks every block, driving up to the corner and grabbing the stuff they need at each block so they barely get temp regulated. If they do the same down there, that could have been what happened. Glad to see your situation is being resolved though. Thanks for the vids as well, very enjoyable! Especially as a new shrimper.

LOL up here in the small Maine town that I live in they use regular passenger cars to deliver the mail....  But then I live in the sticks and our town has a population of just over 800 year round residents....

We don't even get pizza delivery......

:(

I went ahead and cleaned up this thread. Please remember that personal attacks towards one another is not acceptable on the forum. I know you guys are passionate about the hobby. If you have an issue with one another please feel free to use the pm feature.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

So what's up with wittle Timmy? How are those awesome PRLs that Joe...er...umm...Sam [emoji23] (sorry just had to poke fun at the situation) sent you doing? Seriously though, I have to admit...I thought Joe and Sam worked for Kat when I watched the vid [emoji38] Yeah, I'm a noob around here lol.

• 2 months later...
On 5/9/2017 at 6:51 PM, Undershrimp said:

So what's up with wittle Timmy? How are those awesome PRLs that Joe...er...umm...Sam emoji23.png (sorry just had to poke fun at the situation) sent you doing? Seriously though, I have to admit...I thought Joe and Sam worked for Kat when I watched the vid emoji38.png Yeah, I'm a noob around here lol.

@TropicalAquarist Tagging you cause of your PM.

I'm doing great, thanks! I should have left a message, but things have been crazy. I'm currently closing on a new house, so things have been nuts. I'm thinking about putting an update video together to go over what's been going on. Cheers!